Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Are going to increase Molyeux t(sp; their ground) to 50,000 capacity.....Do you think the timing is right; economically and with the possibility of going tits up in the Prem?

Comments

• Options
    I think they are using Lego...my idea by the way!
  • Options
    I fear it's an error.
    They are hardly an established premier team so the finances could all go tits up.
    They'll fill it for visits by Villa, WBA, Birmingham etc but generally it'll have yawning gaps.

I found myself wishing the Valley was around 21,000 capacity this season.
    a mostly full, smaller ground makes more atmosphere than a larger one with thousands of empty seats.
    Remember our visit to stadium MK?
    A fantastic arena with wonderful facilities but felt like a parks game.
  • Options
    I think the initial plan is for 36,000 or so. Good luck to them I say.
  • Options
    I think James May is building it.
  • Options
    50,000 is way to big, too ambitious and risky for a club that's not guaranteed long term premier league status.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]50,000 is way to big, too ambitious and risky for a club that's not guaranteed long term premier league status.[/quote]

And has Mick McCarthy as its manager ...
  • Options
    They are only increasing capacity to 36,000, an increase of just under 7,000, by 2014/15. It will only eventually go up to 50,000 if there is the need to do so. It may be quick, seeing as they've only been in the premeirship for one season, but equates to a similar figure as we wanted some years back. And, I don't think McCarthy has done such a bad job considering they are still in the premiership. I guess only time will tell if it is a foolish venture or an inspired expansion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]They are only increasing capacity to 36,000, an increase of just under 7,000, by 2014/15. It will only eventually go up to 50,000 if there is the need to do so. It may be quick, seeing as they've only been in the premeirship for one season, but equates to a similar figure as we wanted some years back. And, I don't think McCarthy has done such a bad job considering they are still in the premiership. I guess only time will tell if it is a foolish venture or an inspired expansion.

We were supposed to increase capacity to 40,000 - I wonder if that will ever happen in my lifetime, given where we are now...
  • Options
    best ground best training ground, in south london worse team ouch that hurts,grounds mean nothing
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know where to get old Lego from?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    40k ! simple, NEVER !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know where to get old Lego from?
    Legobay...
  • Options
    0,,10307~8818631,00.jpg
    Current.
    0,,10307~8818646,00.jpg
    Planned.

It's good to have a master plan, although I'll be surprised if more than one of the stands will get built.
  • Options
    charlton23980news1.jpg

Remember when we had that plan? :-(
  • Options
    Ours is nicer though ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Ours is nicer though ;-)
    Agreed. Perhaps it's good we didn't spend a few more seasons in the premiership, imagine the mess that ground would have left us in!