Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mervyn Day Interview

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mervyn Day kept for WHU in the 1975 FA Cup Final and kept a clean sheet.
    I was always Mervyn Day when I played in goal in the park or any back garden.
    I never managed to accept that this was the same man who was coached at CAFC.
  • Options
    For some reason I kept being distracted by "twice nightly Huntington-whiteley"!!!
    :o)

Liked his comments on what are the key attributes to being a good number two for a manager. Makes you wonder what Parkinson was doing when Pardew was in charge?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    Liked his comments on what are the key attributes to being a good number two for a manager. Makes you wonder what Parkinson was doing when Pardew was in charge?

Probably much the same role as Mervyn Day described.

But as Big Merv also said ...... you don't always agree with your manager, you put your point of view across.
    But the manager always has the final say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]Curbs needs to bite the bullet and take a job managing a championship side or some obscure national team

I Agree.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]For some reason I kept being distracted by "twice nightly Huntington-whiteley"!!!
    :o)

Liked his comments on what are the key attributes to being a good number two for a manager. Makes you wonder what Parkinson was doing when Pardew was in charge?[/quote]

Blah blah bloody blah, any opportunity to have a dig.