Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In Limbo!

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
In all my years of being an Addick I can't recall being so uncertain as to where we are heading............just what sort of team are we going to put out on the park next season? Which at the end of the day(despite a host of other coincidental problems related to that) is really the $1,000,000 question.
"In limbo" is certainly where we are right now and I for one feel very uneasy, not a single one of us knows what is to happen over the next few weeks..........we may think we do, or have some idea but in all honesty do we really?
Strange strange times down at The Valley.....and times I simply do not like.

Comments

• I thought this was another thread about LOST...
  • I actually feel we were less in limbo than we were a year ago. 12 months ago there was a pretty strong expectation that a takeover would happen, while it was universally believed that Parky would be moved on. The longer that neither occurred, the more speculation it generated.

This summer, we 99% know that Parky will remain as manager, and know that the chances of a takeover remain as slim as they have ever been. We know some form of sales are going to have to take place, the uncertainty comes from not knowing what the likely extent of it will be, but i think mentally we are prepared for it, and pretty much know what players it is likely to be.

Dailly agreeing to another year would be some form of boost for supporters though.
  • It is a very uneasy feeling,this time of year would normally find us looking at transfer news to see who we were signing, now I really am not sure what to look for, I try and ignore the various rumours about takeovers (not that there are any) and the prospect of admin that some people think may happen (I personally do not see our Directors losing their investment in such a way) all I seem to expect is to see that someone has signed Nicky Bailey or Semedo and that Lloyd Sam has left, very strange and also a little disheartening.
  • i know this is the worst footballing period for us in our history and no amount of propaganda will make me think different ... but promotion would ..... sad sad times , yet so close to the glory years imo they are a lot harder to take
  • Will be a worse situation if Millwall go up
  • We have been in freefall on and off the pitch since AC left. I am genuinely concerned that Charlton have not yet bottomed out. I expect more bad news than good over the coming season.
  • Parky will of course stay. He will show that he knows his way round the lower leagues players by snapping up a combination of free transfers (like Dailly) and loans (like Reid/Borrowdale) to once again build a squad capable of competing through a combination of experience and youth.

For the Glee fans amongst you, "that's the way [HH] sees it".
  • Was the same a year ago, AFKA sums it up well. A year ago there was talk of takeovers which would turn it all around, to everyone leaving and another relegation battle.
  • eventually there will be a levelling out where the club and parky are at one with each other mid to bottom half of the third tier is where i see it ... grrrrrrrrreat ....booooooooooooooooooo
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]eventually there will be a levelling out where the club and parky are at one with each other mid to bottom half of the third tier is where i see it ... grrrrrrrrreat ....booooooooooooooooooo

the-end.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• As for periods in limbo I think the seasons where we didn't know if the club would exist, where we would be playing, or how we would pay the players, were a little worse.
  • edited May 2010
    Understand what you're all saying ...my angle was more towards the uncertainty of the coming and going of players and the quality of the team we will put out come August.....all the other problems that we have(some of which have been mentioned) not-with-standing.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]my angle was more towards the uncertainty of the coming and going of players and the quality of the team we will put out come August.....

Don't worry Soundas I expect we're waiting until after the World Cup to make our plays in transfer market.

Wibble, wibble...nurse!
  • edited May 2010
    I am expecting three players to be sold, and they could be and probably will be Sam, Bailey and either burton or sam..

I for some reason am expecting 2 loans to come in ... and with parkinson in charge again, i think considering he has undoubtedly turned the spirit of the club around this year I am strangely positive....

We generally suceed in adversity, and we werent quite in full adversity last yr, now that we have the tsunami of death a couple of small islands closer than before I feel that we might, just might put something together...

I know one thing for sure is Im missing the season already...

World cup.. pah... boring..... I want Charlton ...

new 5 aside team starts tomorrow, simply called SE7...
  • Sam and Burton are out of contract
  • ok so contracts not to be renewed, so maybe we lose semedo as well.....

crikey, it is looking more and more league one mediocrity isnt it......

BRING ON THE WORLD CUP!!! hehe
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]my angle was more towards the uncertainty of the coming and going of players and the quality of the team we will put out come August.....

next season's wage budget and any money that can be used for transfers (if they is any) is going to be set at the next board meeting. they're going to discuss who of the out of contract players should be offered new deals and whether to accept any transfer offers that might have come in.
    no idea when the meeting is, but should be soon (my guess is sometime next week; as it would have been scheduled for after the play-off final, we case we were in it). once this is sorted out we'll start to hear more about who's going, who's staying and we'll start trying to get players in.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]my angle was more towards the uncertainty of the coming and going of players and the quality of the team we will put out come August.....

next season's wage budget and any money that can be used for transfers (if they is any) is going to be set at the next board meeting. they're going to discuss who of the out of contract players should be offered new deals and whether to accept any transfer offers that might have come in.
    no idea when the meeting is, but should be soon (my guess is sometime next week; as it would have been scheduled for after the play-off final, we case we were in it). once this is sorted out we'll start to hear more about who's going, who's staying and we'll start trying to get players in.

Thanks for that info Stebo.