Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NEW ARTICLE: Not The Villain....the Way Forward

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I still feel both Bailey and Semedo need a particular type of player alongside them to be part of a successful team. They couldn't drag someone up to their level like some of our former players could.
    That's true of most of our players though, and most of the players we'll have in the next few seasons. Look at it the other way, a Championship side with some very good attacking midfielders might look even better playing alongside Semedo.
  • Options
    My local greengrocer told me that Bailey was silent all the way home after the semi defeat. Not a word was said. (I am told that Nicky's dad is also a greengrocer.) For his own sake he should move on upwards, as life is short. He is a good gutsy, goalscoring midfielder and has been the powerhouse of our team and always looks like he might score. If we replace him with say Basey, then I will quietly go and hang myself in my shed. Nothing against Basey who is a good squad player but if we are to be contenders again then we need a decent replacement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]I still feel both Bailey and Semedo need a particular type of player alongside them to be part of a successful team. They couldn't drag someone up to their level like some of our former players could.
    That's true of most of our players though, and most of the players we'll have in the next few seasons. Look at it the other way, a Championship side with some very good attacking midfielders might look even better playing alongside Semedo.

Completely agree. I was merely trying to say that clubs in the Championship can't expect to sign either of these players and see their team transformed. Unlike someone of the calibre of Mark Kinsella, whose influence made all those around him step up a notch.
  • Options
    I feel we will not see Bailey in a Charlton shirt again.Cant understand why he was played out of position so many times but then thats one of many mistakes that Parky made during the season!Bailey always gave 100% and i doubt will reach the very top but a good honest player that every team needs,my lasting thought will not be the penalty miss but the awfull decision and pass he made which resulted in Swindons goal and penalties would never have been needed!I know its all ifs,buts and maybes but Reid was clear and alone when Bailey made that pass,honestly im still not suffering from that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!