Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New car advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Spend the money on loose women...thats what I do.
  • Options
    I drive a Honda Civic 2.2 diesel - it's a great car, drives more like a petrol engine - like a hot hatch for grown-ups. The interior looks great and it has a big boot for its class. Rear headroom is a bit cramped though as the roofline curves down quite sharply. Visibility isn't great due to the fixed spoiler on the back, but you get used to it. Good residuals and impeccable reliability.

However the best value car in my view which would meet all your criteria is the Skoda Octavia - basically a VW Golf in all but badge, but 20% cheaper and more practical (huge boot for example). Get the VrS engine, and you're driving a poor man's GTi.
  • Options
    I don't know times change.

I had it ripped out of me unmercifully when I bought a Skoda in the mid 80s because I could get a brand new car for the same price as a second hand one of doubtful history.

Now Skodas are being recommended.

Incidentally other than one incident in Sidcup I had 60,000 trouble free miles of motoring with my Skoda.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I don't know times change.
    Now Skodas are being recommended.

Theyre still shite!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Just put a deposit down on this:

http://www.smc-cars.com/Ford/UsedCars/view/424442/Ford-FOCUS-1-6-TDCI-ZETEC-5DR--110---DPF----SPORTS-PACK

Got a good price part ex on my current car and haggled a bit off the remaining lump, comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty as well. It's a bit of a boring choice but should do me well, sports pack makes it look a bit tastier anyway.
  • Options
    This might sound boring but if you live anywhere near blackfen go into premier motors. they do a good range of Hyundai and the spec are very high for a very very reasonable price. my wife just bought an i130. It's actually bigger inside than a focus. ( i can get my bike in the back) she gets nearly 50mpg around town . and 5 years warranty. even top gear recommend it
  • Options
    @DPFC how do you find the i30 now after a few years?

I test drove one a couple of weeks back and thought it was a nice drive. Would you still recommend it after a few years now?