Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pub/Restaurant advice

edited May 2010 in Not Sports Related
Anyone know of a decent fairly up market pub/restaurant in the West Kent area suitable for adults, teenagers and a baby? Also preferably one that can be pre-booked

Comments

• Which part of West Kent you thinking?
  • What about the George and Dragon at Ightham. We go there a lot of the time including Christmas. Excellent food at reasonable prices. I think it's just been named as Gastro pub of the year but don't quote me on that

George and Dragon
  • Fancy travelling slightly further afield to West Sussex?

If so there is a fantastic pub restaurant country gastro pub confused thing in a place called Warninglid. It is called the Half Moon. Just off of the A23.
    Food is absolutely fantastic. Cannot recommend it enough.
    Been there at least 10 times in the last year.
    Well worth a visit

Linky
  • Where i west kent woudl help or is west kent a small place?
  • Mate there are thosands of pubs in and around that area that would fit your bill all it takes is maybe 10 mins research online.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Where i west kent woudl help or is west kent a small place?

I think it's roughly the Sevenoaks district?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Mate there are thosands of pubs in and around that area that would fit your bill all it takes is maybe 10 mins research online.

Hence the conundrum. There are thousands of pubs and not being a normal dweller of said establishments I havent been to many so I thought the assembled populus could give me better recommendations than self written reviews on a website.
  • The Beacon Tunbridge Wells.
    Views and acres of grounds to die for....the kids will love it....including the large hidden fishing ponds in the woods.
    Great food and huge decking area overlooking a valley................ you can see for miles.
  • My neice had her 18th at the Spitefire pub in West Malling you can reserve the upper part
  • Im a Chef at the Bricklayers Arms in Chipstead (Sevenoaks) have always had very good reviews on the food and is a family friendly atmosphere, idealic setting next to a lake and a lovely drop of Harvey's Sussexs Best straight from the cask behind the bar.
  • Sponsored links:

• My current favorite near Tonbridge -------> http://www.thepoachertudeley.co.uk/index.html
  • The Swan in West Malling village.
    http://www.theswanwestmalling.co.uk/
  • [cite]Posted By: LiveByTheSword[/cite]Im a Chef at the Bricklayers Arms in Chipstead (Sevenoaks) have always had very good reviews on the food and is a family friendly atmosphere, idealic setting next to a lake and a lovely drop of Harvey's Sussexs Best straight from the cask behind the bar.

That's the pub near The Cheshire Home isn't it?
  • y
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LiveByTheSword[/cite]Im a Chef at the Bricklayers Arms in Chipstead (Sevenoaks) have always had very good reviews on the food and is a family friendly atmosphere, idealic setting next to a lake and a lovely drop of Harvey's Sussexs Best straight from the cask behind the bar.

That's the pub near The Cheshire Home isn't it?

thats the one
  • Are you ben? Ooooo might give it a whirl soon then.
  • edited May 2010
  • Edwards Brasserie- The Weald near Sevenoaks just of the A21 is worth considering nice restaurant ,family run business?
  • edited May 2010
    Curb_It CommentTime9 minutes ago quote# 16
    Are you ben? Ooooo might give it a whirl soon then.

current reconmendation is the baked skate wing in parsley buerre noisette
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]What about the George and Dragon at Ightham. We go there a lot of the time including Christmas. Excellent food at reasonable prices. I think it's just been named as Gastro pub of the year but don't quote me on that

George and Dragon

Great pub & food, its one of my locals, I might see you in there one day.
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]What about the George and Dragon at Ightham. We go there a lot of the time including Christmas. Excellent food at reasonable prices. I think it's just been named as Gastro pub of the year but don't quote me on that

George and Dragon

I'll be wearing my Charlton Life badge :0 (
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2010
    I've sent him all mine but Carpenters Arms near Hadlow Tonbridge is lovely as is the Snail at Stone Street . Tho the Snail shuts stupidly early on sunday lunchtime. who wants to eat at midday - thats breakfast time on a sunday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]What about the George and Dragon at Ightham. We go there a lot of the time including Christmas. Excellent food at reasonable prices. I think it's just been named as Gastro pub of the year but don't quote me on that

George and Dragon

I'll be wearing my Charlton Life badge :0 (

Lol, OK, maybe we will never meet then ;-)
  • Thanks for all the advice. Will be giving most of these a try over the coming weeks.
  • soz to hijack the thread but im going for a meal in the Old Bexley Taverna tonight. Any good?...things to avoid?
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]soz to hijack the thread but im going for a meal in the Old Bexley Taverna tonight. Any good?...things to avoid?

Very nice and quite reasonable too.

I has the sea bass last time which was lovely. Only slight downside is their deserts which are not the greatest.
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]soz to hijack the thread but im going for a meal in the Old Bexley Taverna tonight. Any good?...things to avoid?

Very nice and quite reasonable too.

I has the sea bass last time which was lovely. Only slight downside is their deserts which are not the greatest.

Cheers Dave.
  • Who was the Lifer whose parents won all those awards for their pub?
    That was in Kent I think!
  • If you like fish mate the Tickled Trout in West Farleigh is the absolute nuts.