Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

any local goals team want a player?

Just thinking been a couple of years since i was in a team at goals, used to play 4 times a week(2 on the monday) at elmersend and really need to start getting fit(ish) again lol

play occasionally for sunday league but ultimately been fail attempt this year, too many hangovers & played out of position(sound familiar?)

So anyone got a team in dartford?elmesend? or anywhere localish to me(sevenoaks)

Im striker, once played a few games my fitness will be back up(i assume) hit n miss in front of goal, some days will score many some days i wont but will give 100%

Days available: Tuesday, Thursday(for now as football practice tends to go to thursday beginning of season) or even a sunday?

let me know pm put on here, average standard imo played in 2nd league for a while on thursdays but have also played in mid leagues etc even if team shite im willing to give a go

Cliff notes: I want to play 5 a side regularly, im a striker ;o)

Comments

• Options
    whooshhhhhh
  • Options
    5 a side striker??????

In my 5 a side days it was all back to defend and all up in attack.
  • Options
    Its the bit where you said "I'm a striker"....

Being the manager of a sunday football team, i'm used to getting loads of new players come along. The convo usually goes something like this...

Me: So mate, where do you play?
    Them: Up front usually.
    (...Massive pause. Knowing glance at coach. Rolls eyes...)
    Me: No really, where do you play?
    Them: Ok I can play down a wing, and i've played right back a couple of times.

Right back it is then!

If 10 people turn up to our pre-season training and all claim to be strikers, you can bet that maybe one or two of them actually are proper strikers. We had a friendly for our company team last night. 15 players signed up. When asked their prefered position, TEN of them said striker!

Incidentally, what are you like in goal?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Its the bit where you said "I'm a striker"....

Being the manager of a sunday football team, i'm used to getting loads of new players come along. The convo usually goes something like this...

Right back it is then!

If 10 people turn up to our pre-season training and all claim to be strikers, you can bet that maybe one or two of them actually are proper strikers. We had a friendly for our company team last night. 15 players signed up. When asked their prefered position, TEN of them said striker!

This settles it for me, you cannot be a bird! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Its the bit where you said "I'm a striker"....

Right back it is then!

This is so true the world & his wife all think their strikers, probably watch to o much football on TV & think that looks easy enough sticking the ball in the net. Glory boys all of em, it's defence where the really decent players play :-)
  • Options
    Thank god for that, eh?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Its the bit where you said "I'm a striker"....

Right back it is then!

Incidentally, what are you like in goal?[/quote]

This is so true the world & his wife all think their strikers, probably watch to o much football on TV & think that looks easy enough sticking the ball in the net. Glory boys all of em, it's defence where the really decent players play :-)[/quote]

Or the big lumps with no engine.

I did actually start of as a striker in my junior days, and up until I was about 18. Regularly got 20+ a season. Then I had a year or two off, found booze, birds and The Venue, then tried to get back into it. Went back into midfield cos i'd lost a bit of pace - firstly as left mid, then a holding playing in the center. Then as the gut got further and further out of control I was moved to left back. Now i'm a center half. I've actually played 5 games in goal this year.

The more out of shape you get, the further you find yourself being pushed back through the field. Unless I get in some sort of shape for next season, i'll be good for nothing except carry the nets out to the pitch over at Charlton Park!

Will still do a job upfront though. Ahem......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]

This settles it for me, you cannot be a bird! ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Right back it is then!

This is so true the world & his wife all think their strikers, probably watch to o much football on TV & think that looks easy enough sticking the ball in the net. Glory boys all of em, it's defence where the really decent players play :-)

Then I had a year or two off, found booze, birds and The Venue, then tried to get back into it. Went back into midfield cos i'd lost a bit of pace - firstly as left mid, then a holding playing in the center. Then as the gut got further and further out of control I was moved to left back

And this certainly confirms it!
  • Options

Right back it is then!

I see your point but i am a striker! lol given the chance, in goal rubbish as get bored to easy

funny you say that i have played about 3-4 times right wing this season, twice attacking mid & once if that up front, also for another team they put me right back which i was ok

im not bad on the wing but lack the good pace
  • Options
    A lot of football fans and players do not know what the 'D' is for on the front of the penalty area.

Well, it's the bit I take responsibility for these days when I play.

Come into the 'D' and you are mine!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nathan's usually looking for players for this sort of thing, why don't you send him a whisper?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Nathan's usually looking for players for this sort of thing, why don't you send him a whisper?

lol yeah alright, i know all about nathan and organising the two go together as well as pizza with icecream ontop
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]pizza with icecream ontop

you obviously have never tried it then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]pizza with icecream ontop

you obviously have never tried it then

lol no i haven't i did try barbecue beef super noodles on peporoni pizza it was suprisingly nice :o)