Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oh captain my captain..

If Bailey does depart for pastures new, any shouts who should take the armband?

Dailly for me without a doubt. He may not be the most vocal player but his experiance and calmess on the pitch is what were going to need next season. Vice captain would either be rob elliot or grant basey, a younger thru and thru charlton person who would be very proud to wear the armband in daillys absence.

What say you?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Dailly would be the obvious choice though Semedo, if he's still with us, would lead by example. I have always disliked keepers being captain as I can't see how they can influence situations further up the pitch.

Not sure there is such a thing as vice captain but, in any event, Elliot (or Basey for that matter) won't be vice or captain because they are far from certain to be in the team and you really have to be a fixture to be skipper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Dailly would be the obvious choice though Semedo, if he's still with us, would lead by example. I have always disliked keepers being captain as I can't see how they can influence situations further up the pitch.

In any event, it won't be Elliot (or Basey for that matter) because they are far from certain to be in the team and you really have to be a fixture to be skipper.

totally agree, wouldn't have either Elliott or Basey as in my opinion neither should be in our side....I appreciate they might have to be come next season!
  • Options
    Dailly (Who I believe will stay) or Richardson who also I hope stays.
  • Options
    Dailly is the key "respect" player in the dressing room ........ and the "organiser" on the pitch.
    And don't underestimate how vocal he actually is.

He's more or less already skipper in all but name.