Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Wilson

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Didn't we look at Wilson when Pardew got the boot? Been well impressed with him this season. His teams are always hard working and he knows the lower leagues so well.Could have worked wonders with the budget we had at the start of the season.

Comments

• Options
    Parky ain't done to sad...
    We need a striker who'll score 20+ a season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cabbie8[/cite]Parky ain't done to sad...
    Paynter and Austen or Burton and Sodje.
  • Options
    Exactly...
    Burton ran his socks off last night, I will give him that.
    We must have a 16/17 year old coming through.
  • Options

let's see parky do it on the same budget wilsons managed under
  • Options
    lets not.
  • Options
    I've always liked Danny Wilson - a real football man and not an egotist. I wish him and Swindon well in the play offs - not least because it is against the spanners...
  • Options
    Ashikodi or vieira from ebbslfeet....
    Scored 30+ between em in a team that got relegated.
    Worth a punt on one of em?
    Wot happening with Dickson, fleetwood, mcleod?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cabbie8[/cite]Exactly...
    Burton ran his socks off last night, I will give him that.
    We must have a 16/17 year old coming through.

Tuna?
  • Options
    Yeah thought of him, thought he may have featured this year a bit.
    hope we sign Reid!! No he's not a striker but him and waggy on either wing, superb!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

let's see parky do it on the same budget wilsons managed under

As has been mentioned elsewhere on here a very high % of the budget is currently being spent paying off Pardew's collection of prize useless pricks such as Mouataokil, Fleetwood, McLeod, Sinclair, Dickson and the rest.

Parkinson's actual budget for his own players is probably still greater than Swindon's, but not by that much.

Plus, I am pretty sure that Parky's budget at Colchester would have been even lower than Swindon's - he seemed to do all right there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]As has been mentioned elsewhere on here a very high % of the budget is currently being spent paying off Pardew's collection of prize useless pricks such as Mouataokil, Fleetwood, McLeod, Sinclair, Dickson and the rest.
    That lot probably puts our wage bill up another £1m or so a year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]As has been mentioned elsewhere on here a very high % of the budget is currently being spent paying off Pardew's collection of prize useless pricks such as Mouataokil, Fleetwood, McLeod, Sinclair, Dickson and the rest.
    That lot probably puts our wage bill up another £1m or so a year.

Well, Mouataokil is apparently on 400,000 per year and McLeod must be on at least close to 200,000 (on a 4K per week wage) whilst the other three I mentioned must also be on a combined 400,000 so you are probably right.

1 million would probably finance at least five or six decent players on normal League One wages.
  • Options
    .....wonder if he'll re release 'Mary's Prayer'
  • Options
    met him in the last drop pub in la manga proper nice fella loves his football and talks a lot of sense about the game good luck to him and his players hope they beat the spanners at wembley.
  • Options
    Our recent record of non league talent is pretty poor to be honest, got to think what phil chappel and the others are doing? The guy at millwall morrison?? Is bloody awsome and would have been dirt cheap, I would rather go for a league 2 goal machine ie le fondre if they don't go up or benson at daggenham.

As for wilson, thought he was pretty gracious on Monday night very calm on camera got his head screwed on, think there's gona be a good 21500 honoury swindon fans come next Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Our recent record of non league talent is pretty poor to be honest, got to think what phil chappel and the others are I would rather go for a league 2 goal machine

Like Mcleod?
  • Options
    He was league one mate.. ;-) as was varney.
  • Options
    I thought McLeod got all his goals in League 2 for MK?
  • Options
    McLeod played in League One briefly, but most of his goals were in League Two.
  • Options
    And started his career at derby so not a bricky playing non league footie ala austin at swindon. Personally as a different option I like the brick shitehouse at northampton akenfenwa? He's contract is up and could with a bit of coaching be a decent player ala heskey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicky Bailey was non-League with Barnet 3 or 4 seasons ago ...... what you often get with non-league players who eventually get the chance to play at League level, is a driving determination to seize their chance.

Shame about Dickson though. I thought he would have applied himself the same way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cabbie8[/cite]Ashikodi or vieira from ebbslfeet....
    Scored 30+ between em in a team that got relegated.
    Worth a punt on one of em?
    Wot happening with Dickson, fleetwood, mcleod?

Didn't Ashikodi get kicked out of Millwall for threatening to stab Mark McCammon? Also been let go by Watford and Shrewsbury!
  • Options
    He's tiny. I couldn't get over how small he was! Hope he get's the job down at Wembley.