Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

starting line-up & penalties........

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
discussion we had coming back last Friday is who do you think may take a penalty tonight ( if it came to it) - bearing in mind substitutions that may have been made and therefore should we not start with Forster tonight ?

I am fearing that it will go to pens & we will have Mooney & Sodje (A) to take them whilst Burthon & Forstrer would have been subbed !!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Borrowdale, Richardson, Bailey, Mooney, Reid.
  • Options
    I think penalties would be in the back of Parky's mind if the game is tight so that might affect his choice of substitutions as the night goes on.
  • Options
    dont even want to think about penalties
  • Options
    The Charlton boss could tinker with other parts of his starting XI, while he believes the substitutes' bench could also have a major part to play.

"The subs' bench will be crucial," he added. "We go into another game quickly and the bench could win it or lose it for both sides."
    Wouldn't be surprised if he starts with the same midfield and brings Reid on.

Surely Mooney won't start, will be Forster or Akpo alongside Burton I'd imagine.

If Sam Sodje isn't fit Llera has to play. Fit Llera better than an unfit Sodje.

Apart from that the team probably won't be much different.

Penalties - hopefully we don't need to take it that far.
  • Options
    Penalties, I'd imagine Burton, Bailey, Forster, Borrowdale, Llera, Richardson, Reid, Spring would all be viable contenders
  • Options
    a manager should not compromise the chances of winning the game by planning for penalties eg. don't play a tired Burton for extra-time just in case we get to penalties, that would mean the chances of winning in extra time would be less - and indeed the chances of losing in extra time would be greater.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Borrowdale, Richardson, Bailey, Mooney, Reid.

Glenn, why mooney? just curious as i like the player but unsure how he would do with a penalty
  • Options
    Agree with you Salad, but if Burton and Forster start and it goes to pens I bet they wont still be on the field and it will be left to Mooney to hit the winning penalty !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Borrowdale, Richardson, Bailey, Mooney, Reid.

Glenn, why mooney? just curious as i like the player but unsure how he would do with a penalty

I dread to think of the stick Mooney would get if he missed the penalty that knocked us out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Borrowdale
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Borrowdale

neither of you have obviously checked his goalscoring record !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Borrowdale?

Burton (has he missed this season?),Forster, Bailey, Reid, Llera.
  • Options
    He takes corners, albeit with mixed success and has a decent left foot, I would be confident in him putting his foot through it... don't think penalties are about goalscorers, it's bottle and striking the ball cleanly and with conviction
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Borrowdale
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Borrowdale

neither of you have obviously checked his goalscoring record !!
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Borrowdale?

Burton (has he missed this season?),Forster, Bailey, Reid, Llera.
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]He takes corners, albeit with mixed success and has a decent left foot, I would be confident in him putting his foot through it... don't think penalties are about goalscorers, it's bottle and striking the ball cleanly and with conviction

Anyone remember his shot on Friday night?...
  • Options
    depends on away goals
  • Options
    It doesn't matter about how he faired shooting from 25 yards out in an in-play situation... how many times did Steve Brown bin one from 25 yards?

It's bottle, gumption and clean foot through the ball
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]depends on away goals

what does ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]It doesn't matter about how he faired shooting from 25 yards out in an in-play situation... how many times did Steve Brown bin one from 25 yards?

It's bottle, gumption and clean foot through the ball

Fair point!

No away goals, it's extra time and then penalties.
  • Options
    PENS: Burton, Bailey, Richardson, Forster, Llera
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]PENS: Burton, Bailey, Richardson, Forster, Llera

Richardson !!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a thought, as I have no idea on his record, but if a cool, veteran head is what's needed, isn't that why we signed Dailly?