Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Big players missing out on the World Cup 2010

Was reading this morning how the great manager that is Diego Maradona somehow hasn't picked Zanetti or Cambiasso for the Argie squad. He must need his head testing.

Italy haven't picked Totti.

Brazil haven't picked Ronaldinho or Pato.

Any others of note?

Comments

• Darren Bent for England (probably)
  • Van Nistlerooy isnt in Hollands. I suppose despite them having good attackers and Ruud being old, he's still a big name.
  • France picked 9 strikers in their pre-squad and Benzema(sp) wasn't one of them, hasn't had the best of seasons at Madrid I spose
  • zanetti, ish.. cambiaso(nuts) and Pato man..

thats nuts.....
  • Not picking Zanetti or Cambiasso is ridiculous. The useless fat tool has guaranteed the Argies won't win it.
  • Adriano not in brazils, not sure whether robinho is either, jorge costa not in portugals either
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]Adriano not in brazils, not sure whether robinho is either, jorge costa not in portugals either
    Ummm... Tank retired in 2006, so not exactly a surprise he was 'left out'. Robinho is most definitely in Brazil's squad. Adriano is shit, and has been shit for years.
  • Apparently maradona is playing 4 centre backs in defence but has also got full backs in the sqaud just in case.
    Nutter !!!!

And Veron is in the squad.
    And Barca's Milito has missed out.
  • You know what, reading about Maradona's master plan makes me think we were actually quite lucky with Dowie!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]Adriano not in brazils, not sure whether robinho is either, jorge costa not in portugals either
    Ummm... Tank retired in 2006, so not exactly a surprise he was 'left out'. Robinho is most definitely in Brazil's squad. Adriano is shit, and has been shit for years.
    19 goals in 30 league games, wouldn't say that is shit
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]You know what, reading about Maradona's master plan makes me think we were actually quite lucky with Dowie!

What master plan is this?
  • Pato from Italy is a strange one.
  • not picking cambiasso is absolutely mental, if the way he played for inter against barca is anything to go by

totti is slightly more understandable. didnt he retire from international football after 2006, only to decide at the last minute that he wouldnt mind one more world cup?
  • Pato is the big shock, I thought he had been very good this season?
  • Sam and akpo!
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]Adriano not in brazils, not sure whether robinho is either, jorge costa not in portugals either
    19 goals in 30 league games, wouldn't say that is shit
    For Flamengo - in a league that makes even La Liga look competitive. He's at least two stone overweight, is a lazy c*** and is NOT a world-class striker.
  • That Papa Boupa Diop (spelling?) he is as big as they come. Is he going to miss out?
  • Ballack ruled out through injury now. What a shame!!
  • I have a real worry that we're going to face Germany in the second round, so that's excellent news
  • Beckham is the big name missing out.

Expected to see Benzema there and the Italy omissions are surprising. Van Nistelrooy is another one, may be getting on but knows where the goal is and would bank on him to take a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Ballack ruled out through injury now. What a shame!!

That was an awful challenge on Saturday though. Could quite easily have been a red.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Pato is the big shock, I thought he had been very good this season?[/quote]
    ?????
  • maradona is clueless
    how could he not select 2 of the most influential players that got their team to the UEFA Champions League Final, who also won their domestic title ??? clueless coach
  • Michael Essien has just been ruled out through injury. Huge blow for Ghana, maybe they can call up Dickson to soften the blow.............
  • [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]maradona is clueless
    how could he not select 2 of the most influential players that got their team to the UEFA Champions League Final, who also won their domestic title ??? clueless coach

And he plans on playing 4 centre backs across the back four

Another ridiculous omission: Diego Milito. Only Maradona would choose 36 year old Martin Palermo ahead of him.