Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flats owned by Charlton in New Eltham...

Comments

• Options
    The Ruchita Tandoori takeaway is the nuts. Have been using it for about 12 years now and have never had a dodgy ruby from there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Will keep that in mind Sparrows, not too up with my Eltham pubs, usually go the other way into Chislehurst. The Beehive is well worth a second chance.

Was in the beehive the other week, so know it's alright.

Park Tavern will surprise you mate...a much older crowd though in the evening, but lovely barmaids and classical music and lampshades everywhere. Not your standard Eltham boozer. A Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the sun in the beer garden is good too.
  • Options
    Park Tavern, nicest pub in eltham. in fact think its the only one.

Sad to see the Royal is closing down in a few weeks. shame.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The Ruchita Tandoori takeaway is the nuts. Have been using it for about 12 years now and have never had a dodgy ruby from there.

Yeh i've never looked elsewhere after trying it there.

Odd red leather sofa's though, and they are always watching something random on TV too!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CAFC, We hate Palace[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]The Ruchita Tandoori takeaway is the nuts. Have been using it for about 12 years now and have never had a dodgy ruby from there.

Odd red leather sofa's though, and they are always watching something random on TV too!

NOOOOOOOO, Mahatmha Tandoori in Avery Hill is better. Ruchita is good admittedly. The Tai-Pan opposite the beehive is a decent chinese also.

I'm a fat bastard I know.
  • Options
    Ruchitas is the king of the takeaway curry, but I'm banned from there since the wife found a tea bag in her Jalfrezi (Ooooh eerrr sounds a bit rude!). Now we go to Le Spice which is no where near as good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFC, We hate Palace[/cite]

NOOOOOOOO, Mahatmha Tandoori in Avery Hill is better. Ruchita is good admittedly. The Tai-Pan opposite the beehive is a decent chinese also.

I'm a fat bastard I know.

In Avery Hill? No other ruby down Avery Hill apart from Ruchita? You mean on Footscray?
  • Options
    On the corner of avery hill road / bexley road on the parade of shops below the shithole estate. Looks crap outside but is a hidden gem.

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/3351.htm

opposite avery hill park really. It is top notch, I would recommend eating in.
  • Options
    I'd call it Bexley Road :-)

Never been there, as you say, looks like a visit from the health inspector would close it down!

Talking of Bexley Road, Happy Days Cafe (along that row) is better than the Charlton Elvis' one. Give it a go.
  • Options
    Whilst we're on the subject of local New Eltham buinesses, the offy opposite the Co-op is superb. Cracking selection of bottled ales in there - always takes me ages to choose what I want. Gonna pop down there later to stock up for tonight.

Used to live down that road a few years back but the offy was shite then - the shelves were always empty and there was just no choice. (And no, that wasn't because I was living there!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    & all these Charlton now invading New Eltham, must be the reason why it's gone downhill round here!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]& all these Charlton now invading New Eltham, must be the reason why it's gone downhill round here!

We have taken it, you are now living in Charlton territory. That Ford Ka with Millwall stickers in Stanley Close is having it's tyres deflated. :-D
  • Options
    As if New Eltham was ever Millwall territory - behave!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]& all these Charlton now invading New Eltham, must be the reason why it's gone downhill round here!

We have taken it, you are now living in Charlton territory. That Ford Ka with Millwall stickers in Stanley Close is having it's tyres deflated. :-D

To be fair to the area, whilst you do obviously see a lot of Spurs, Arsenal, United & Chelsea tops, there are a LOT of Millwall & Charlton round there. Get to New Eltham station on a Saturday and it's full of us or you.

Sadly I also see a few too many west ham shirts as well.
  • Options
    new eltham is a charlton stronghold always has been
  • Options
    haha sparrow drives a ford ka......pwoper nawty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

To be fair to the area, whilst you do obviously see a lot of Spurs, Arsenal, United & Chelsea tops, there are a LOT of Millwall & Charlton round there. Get to New Eltham station on a Saturday and it's full of us or you.

Sadly I also see a few too many west ham shirts as well.

The train in to Wembley would be "fun" ....... IF ............
  • Options
    I would say Eltham is Millwall territory though.
  • Options
    Would've said Eltham, Mottingham & New Eltham are all strong Millwall & Charlton areas. With Millwall more dominant in the previous 2, yourselves in the latter 1.

Taking New Eltham as it is now, I'd say it's pretty fairly balanced myself, a lot of Millwall & Charlton. Just my view, don't get all defensive!
  • Options
    mottingham always been millwall,like downham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't help being defensive when talking to plod. One wrong word and you're in the van with a boot in the mush.
  • Options
    lol you no it.
  • Options
    I live within a very short walk of the Valley.
    I have a neighbour with an Arsenal car sticker and another with a Chelsea one.
    The only other sticker I've noticed nearby is for Blackburn Rovers!

No Millwall though :-)
    No Charlton either :-(
  • Options
    There's you Marco.
  • Options
    Anyway, after the Stanley Close love in ....... who is actually living in the Charlton flats?
  • Options
    Ruben Agboola
  • Options
    Kevin lisbie?
  • Options
    Kanu...
  • Options
    I moved out of Stanley Close a year ago. Lived in the top floor corner flat opposite the alley that goes down to Jims Cafe. Top location but poxy part rent, part buy job. Moved to proper Eltham now ;-)

Jims Cafe does the best pre match fry up bar none and the elthan grill does a pukka chicken tikka except they're all gooners!

My local is thePark Tavern now. Purely worth it for the barmaids alone!!!

So i gather the little shitbags are still causing grief down that side alley in stanley close? Had bundles of run ins with those little scroats!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    So i gather the little shitbags are still causing grief down that side alley in stanley close? Had bundles of run ins with those little scroats!!!

It has quietened down a bit this year to be fair, last year was fecking awful, we had riot vans in the close one weekend. Used to worry about leaving my car out there which ain't right. Out of all hundreds of people who live there, it is only 1 or 2 families that were / are causing all the problems and these were identified and this coupled with a residents petition has seen the housing association step in and told them to behave or get out. Seems to have taken some effect.