Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Childs Train ticket to Swindon for free

SE9SE9
edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Anyone thats needs a childs train ticket from Welling to Swindon and back, let me know. I dont want nothing for it.

Comments

• My old English teacher would shit himself in anger if he read that last sentence.
  • dId u unDERstand wOT i woz saYIng thou?
  • [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Anyone thats needs a childs train ticket from Welling to Swindon and back, let me know. I dont want nothing for it.

Surely you are too old for a child's ticket now D. ? ;-)
  • Get used to it, Gary - that will be the 'style' of business letters in years to come !
  • lol. Only got a child ticket as it only cost an extra pound on top. Thought it would just save someone a few quid if they was taking their son.
  • to be fair, i only remember my english teacher because i used to do the exact same thing!!

''I didnt do nothing'' was a favourite phrase of mine.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]''I didnt do nothing'' was a favourite phrase of mine.

Normally followed by, 'der 'is cigs'
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]to be fair, i only remember my english teacher because i used to do the exact same thing!!

''I didnt do nothing'' was a favourite phrase of mine.

"Ahh so you did do something VG!"

"No Sir, I said I didn't do nothing?!"

"Precisely, so what exactly did you do?"

"Que?!"

My annoying "I read English at Oxford" Mother was exactly the same!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]lol. Only got a child ticket as it only cost an extra pound on top. Thought it would just save someone a few quid if they was taking their son.[/quote]

Now I'm intrigued.

Have you actually got any kids or did you just buy it as it seemed like a good deal?

It reminds me of the time I was in a bar in Madrid with an Irish friend. He picked up a very unusual beer mat and pocketed it.

"I didn't know you collected beer mats, Joe."

"Oh, I don't. But if I ever started ... this would be a great one to have."

Forward planning at its best.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]lol. Only got a child ticket as it only cost an extra pound on top. Thought it would just save someone a few quid if they was taking their son.

Now I'm intrigued.

Have you actually got any kids or did you just buy it as it seemed like a good deal?

It reminds me of the time I was in a bar in Madrid with an Irish friend. He picked up a very unusual beer mat and pocketed it.

Forward planning at its best.

No Dave. I purchased two sets of train tickets. With each set you could get a childs return ticket for a quid. We had one child going so that was one of the tickets gone. I just thought for the sake of an extra pound I may have been able to save a parent that was taking thier child a bit of money as they might have had to pay full fare. Im sure we can get you mate Joe some beer mats in swindon if he needs the help ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]lol. Only got a child ticket as it only cost an extra pound on top. Thought it would just save someone a few quid if they was taking their son.[/quote]

Now I'm intrigued.

Forward planning at its best.[/quote]

No Dave. I purchased two sets of train tickets. With each set you could get a childs return ticket for a quid. We had one child going so that was one of the tickets gone. I just thought for the sake of an extra pound I may have been able to save a parent that was taking thier child a bit of money as they might have had to pay full fare. Im sure we can get you mate Joe some beer mats in swindon if he needs the help ;-)[/quote]

Top man! I'm impressed with your consideration for your fellow man.

As for Joe, he needs more than beer mats these days. Good excuse to have a few pints though ... "I'm only drinking to get some beer mats for Joe".

:-)