Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon good pub guide

Having worked in swindon for last 3 years I have probably been to most of the pubs in the surrounding 25 miles.

Swindon is split into New and Old town : New town is nearer the station and has some interesting twon centre pubs of which the Gluepot is a great little real ale pub. Its turn right out of the Station. It is the area where the Railway workers lived and there are some interesting old pubs still remaining, The ground is however some distance from new Town , but plenty of pubs on route.
Old Town however would be better. The Steam Railway and The Goddard Arms are just two of the many pubs around there. From The steam Railway its a downhill 15 minute walk straight to the ground, past a couple of pubs on the way , one of which is the Merlin. Parking up in Old Town is limited but not impossible , opposite the Steam Railway is the Coop and shopping precinct car parks.

I'll be in the Steam Railway from about 4.30 , i'll keep some spaces for you ;)

Come on you rip roaring reds

Comments

• The Merlin is your best bet.
  • Many a happy hour or three spent in The Gluepot.Begin at one end of the real ales and work you way thru.Well thats what we have done before and as for the football ................we won 3-1 the last time .Do not talk about the home leg,long forgoten.
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]The Merlin is your best bet.

Was the Merlin the one we went to in Feb ........ just off the Magic Roundabout, past the chip shop?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]The Merlin is your best bet.

Was the Merlin the one we went to in Feb ........ just off the Magic Roundabout, past the chip shop?

Yes