Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Forget all this politics on here the real question is...

...how the hell do they get the door to Number 10 looking that great???

That's a fantastic paint job on there at the moment and, if I didn't know better, it looks like they swapped it for a plastic jobbie. Well played Mr Decorator.

Comments

• Options
    Probably plastic coated, Kevlar filled, re-inforced, bomb proof etc.

I doubt they would secure No 10 in all other areas and then hang a wooden door from B&Q on the front.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]...how the hell do they get the door to Number 10 looking that great???

That's a fantastic paint job on there at the moment and, if I didn't know better, it looks like they swapped it for a plastic jobbie. Well played Mr Decorator.

They employ the top P&D firm in London cant you tell :-)
  • Options
    There's no locks on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]It's metal.

I read that as metal backed?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I like the bit where Clegg walks along Downing Street and Cameron opens the door to meet him just as he arrives.
  • Options
    Plastic !!!!! With the likes of Brown standing behind it !

Egg proof,bullet proof and bloody atomic bomb proof more like.
  • Options
    As Aliwibble says, it's solid metal, bomb proof ...... installed in 1991 after an attempted IRA bomb attack, replacing the original door of 1735 now on display in the Churchill Museum.

The current metal door has a twin in storage ...... when the front door of No10 needs repainting or whatever, they replace it with the spare.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I like the bit where Clegg walks along Downing Street and Cameron opens the door to meet him just as he arrives.

I saw that - very slick - but how did they do it - cameras I guess.