Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Go on Blackpool

Fair play to them.

Estimated worth of £100m now if you get promoted - would love them to do it.

Comments

• I hope someone gives DJ Campbell a test after this performance! lol

what a cracking bit of football that goal was...
  • Another one now!

If Leicester get in the final though he can't play.
  • 2-4
    (3-6) !
  • interesting that Campbell played at all after his arrest last month for stabbing someone in a club....

just been introducing my arsenal supporting housemates to some of Holloway's interviews from yesteryear:

without a doubt the taking a lady home for a coffee one is the best. Really want them to go up to see what he'd come up with the media actually interested in what he has to say!
  • Finding it soooo annoing when forest are singing to the tune of valley flloyd road !!! Blackpool look good.
  • Fair play to Blackpool and their fans who stole "Palace's song"

I still want Cardiff to be promoted, just for the money we would get for Hudson.
  • What, and miss the "fun" when Cardiff play Leeds ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]What, and miss the "fun" when Cardiff play Leeds ?

I'd prefer for our club to get money.

Sure Cardiff can go straight back down with Hull-sized debts.
  • Fantastic achievement, they were in Division 4 in 2001, bit by bit they have improved and now look a very well drilled outfit, I have a very soft spot for Blackpool and am very happy for them. I agree with Holloway when he says they have a good squad and deserve respect. I hope they batter the opposition in the final. 90 minutes from the big league- real fairy tale stuff. Lets hope we can do similar things to Swindon on friday and monday!!
  • IF they do it I would love to see the looks on the faces of Arsenal, Manyoo, Chelsea fans and players faces when they get to that ground and see the ball hang in the air for 5 minutes after it leaves one of the centre halves feet and get a faceful of the fresh seaside air!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ecstatic for Blackpool. proper club - proper history - proper traditions. Hope they stuff whoever they play and get to the Prem (but also hope their chairman\board aren't stupid enough to do a Hull - and choose Burnley's route instead (take the money as a massive bonus, but plan for the inevitable relegation and spend it wisely instead of spunking it all on stupid contracts for overpaid ponces). Good on the Pool!
  • Stuck really, I really want them to do well and get promoted. BUT it's a great away day and IF we do get promoted I'd love to go back up there for the weekend.
  • good job we didn't get billy davies he's a loser and ian holloway is as mad as a box of frogs .. so did well to not gamble on them
  • Blackpool showed the way to win a play off game last night, played football from start to finish & did not resort to the long ball once.
  • They managed to get that stand built just in time!
  • Blackpool all the way, will always have great memories of that place after our weekend there in Feb 08 despite losing the game
  • yep good on em......will be nice if they still put the away fans out in the cold in that temporary seating area...lol...Lets hope they get Man U, Arsenal and Chelski in December and January and they freeze there balls off
  • Fair play to Blackpool - but it feels to me like Cardiff will go up now.
    IMHO Holloway's team peaked yesterday.
    If the Bluebirds can overcome Leicester, then I think they'll win through at Wembley.
  • by muting the away fans like that they definately have a huge advantage...despite the main camera being above the forest fans for the 1st leg you would never know they were there
  • Good win for them last night hope they geet through them or Cardiff someone new in the prem is always interesting. Leicester Cardiff second leg tonight is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]good job we didn't get billy davies he's a loser and ian holloway is as mad as a box of frogs .. so did well to not gamble on them

Billy Davies fair enough, but it's only with the benefit of extreme hindsight that you can act like it was a poor decision not to get Holloway. The guy was a disaster at Leicester
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]What, and miss the "fun" when Cardiff play Leeds ?

I'm sure it would be just as much 'fun' when Cardiff play Man Utd, Chelsea, West ham, Birmingham, Stoke, Wolves etc. The premiership must be praying Cardiff don't get there and have 3k nutters going away every other week.

Blackpool proved last night that anything can happen in the play offs. Forest unbeaten at home since September and hadn't conceded a goal at home in 3 months, then get blown away.
  • Two very good points Chris.
  • Blackpool did the double over them in the league as well, I believe.
  • Blackpool might not have achieved much in the last 40 years, but once they were among the top clubs in England,
    FA Cup winners and all.

Does Stanley Matthews still play for them .... ?
  • True Oggy they were once in the elite i spose every club had its day.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Does Stanley Matthews still play for them .... ?
    No but Euell and Bouazza do!
  • [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Blackpool did the double over them in the league as well, I believe.

Correct, Blackpool played Forest 4 times this season and won all 4 games.
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]Blackpool did the double over them in the league as well, I believe.

Correct, Blackpool played Forest 4 times this season and won all 4 games.

Depends how bad you want it .... and Ollie wanted it badly.

Has nice Billy Davies been sacked yet?
  • Blackpool have a decent footballing side and a good work ethic, I reckon they will splat whomever they play in the final be it Cardiff or Leicester. Each time they are written off as "surely they can't top that" they do. On the biggest stage for the highest stakes I very much doubt Blackpool will blink first. The pressure is on the others. Whats more if they go up I don't think it's impossible for them to do a Wolves or a Stoke either.