Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carragher's decision

Are you glad Carragher has come back into the international fold to help England's injury crisis or do you think (like me) that once he turned his back on his country that should be that?
His comments on his return just make me hope he doesnt get a minute on the pitch in the world cup

Carraghers comments

Comments

• imo Sky have turned what he has said. I like him, he's a die hard and works his nuts off. Was criminally left out by other managers and cant blame him for saying sod ya then. Read an interview in 4-4-2 magazine with him a couple a months ago and seems like a pretty honest fella. Plus i can imagine the rest of the squad would get on better with him than Neville.
  • He chose himself to rule himself out. Other players have helped us get here and have been an active part of the qualifying campaign. He's hardly a world-beater and I just don't believe he should be given the opportunity to return for the golden period.
  • Shouldn't have been called back up.

Not played any role in the qualifying campaign at all. Neville is a better right back, has played 11 of the last 16 United games, and should go instead.
  • Neville got raped by Ribery. Carragher has played in nearly every Liverpool game this year....Liverpool keeping 17 Premier League clean sheets.
  • It's a 'scoucer's perogative' to change his mind.... so now you know!
  • Last time Carragher played right back for England he didn't exactly impress did he. He fell to 4th choice behind after Sven asked Beckham to play there and then went with Hargreaves instead!
  • He retired because he was fed up with being a bit part player for England and he will be in the same situation.
    I think he has definitely gone backwards this season and is not as good as he once was.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Was criminally left out by other managers and cant blame him for saying sod ya then
    I can blame him, how was being behind Terry and Ferdinand criminal? He isn't and wasn't as good as them.
  • imo
    the reason he's been picked, is his (not great) ability to cover both right back and centre back positions.
    for me he is behind ferdinand, terry, king, dawson, upson and jagielka as a centre half.
    and behind johnson and neville as a right back.

too many of those have had injury problems this season.
  • He's an a grade twat... but pleased, done us a right favour with the injuries, versatile aswell
  • Sponsored links:

• I really really can't stand the guy, yes he was a good player but 'was' is the operative word, this season is the lowest point of a long decline.
  • "Bottler" !
  • Versititle and reliable, also unlike some other members of the back four has been ok with injuries for a while now. Saves taking another RB and means we have someone to cover Rio as under Capello, Upson has been 3rd choice and he has been awful this season.

Pleased to see him come back in all honesty. Can understand why under Mclaren he did not want to be included for games especially those pointless away friendlies when Terry and Rio would usually start anyway.

Also agree with what he said about club over country, some may not like it but lets face it, most football fans would rather see their club do well. Charlton over England for me, just as it is Liverpool over England for Carragher.
  • I thought he was pony tonight, really disappointed he came on instead of Dawson. Got turned for pace on a couple of occasions, and even his tackling wasn't that great.

I had no issue with him deciding to come back (although it would have been good if he had followed Scholes' example and said that he didn't want to take the spot of someone who actually got us there), but after tonight I don't want him playing again unless injuries dictate we have no choice but to.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I thought he was pony tonight, really disappointed he came on instead of Dawson. Got turned for pace on a couple of occasions, and even his tackling wasn't that great.

I had no issue with him deciding to come back (although it would have been good if he had followed Scholes' example and said that he didn't want to take the spot of someone who actually got us there), but after tonight I don't want him playing again unless injuries dictate we have no choice but to.

Agree totally.
  • He was shaky last night, however prefer him to Upson and even though Dawson has been excellent this season, I think his lack of international experience will count against him.

Nevertheless against Algeria, would prefer to see Dawson given a chance, judging by today they do not offer much going forward so would be the ideal game to give Dawson some game time.
  • He should not have been picked ahead of players who made them selves available for the qualifiers firstly on a matter of principal. Secondly he is past it, got totally roasted by the Yanks. Just a utility player, not the best option at CH.

Also what the feck were we doing taking an injury prone CH who can't do social playing around let alone train. It is a shame for King but a big mistake taking him.

England managers never learn! However I back Copello and trust he will get us through the group stages
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]He should not have been picked ahead of players who made them selves available for the qualifiers firstly on a matter of principal. Secondly he is past it, got totally roasted by the Yanks. Just a utility player, not the best option at CH.

Also what the feck were we doing taking an injury prone CH who can't do social playing around let alone train. It is a shame for King but a big mistake taking him.

England managers never learn! However I back Copello and trust he will get us through the group stages[/quote]

Agree with all of that.