Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fridays game in the City

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Does anyone know anywhere in the City that will be showing the game on Friday?

Its hard enough to find a pub that still have sky sports, let alone one that wont have the cricket on instead.

Comments

• Was about to ask the same question. Called up to get tickets for the Millenium Suite but have to pick them up in person and cant get down there as at work. Doh.

To be honest I doubt any bars in the city realise their is football outside of Arsenal and Man utd so it doesnt look too promising.
  • Barracuda (sp) on Houndsditch is a sports bar, has plenty of screens and will have it on, The White Horse over the road from it shows all the footie in HD
  • Hardy's might be a good bet - they will have it on a few screens im sure. Maze Hill train station - 15 mins from the city.

I know corney & barrow (not what you want) normally have Sky Sports on every night but if there is cricket on coudl be tricky. id start ringing round a few bars!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Barracuda (sp) on Houndsditch is a sports bar, has plenty of screens and will have it on, The White Horse over the road from it shows all the footie in HD

Cheers Eltham.
  • Barracuda forgot about that one.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Barracuda forgot about that one.

it's got about 15 big TV's and 1 huge screen and can show multi-sky channels at the same time so they'll put the football on at least 1 or more if you ask
  • probably the smallest one in the corner - find a few charlton fans sitting round it.
  • Did a nice chicken and chips in a bucket last time I went in there.
  • Barracuda is a good shout. Other pubs that have Sky are New Moon in Leadenhall Market and HDQ on Great Tower Street.

Good thing about the cricket is that it is a 4.30 start so barring rain will be finished by 7.45. Also it's not England's semi final so that should help a tiny bit.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Was about to ask the same question. Called up to get tickets for the Millenium Suite but have to pick them up in person and cant get down there as at work. Doh.

To be honest I doubt any bars in the city realise their is football outside of Arsenal and Man utd so it doesnt look too promising.

Very true just go to charlton one of the pubs round there should show it.
  • Sponsored links:

• There will be some in the city....i hope anyway

pm your number if anyone wants to do something as dont know where im going yet but definately watching it probably around london bridge but down to my mate who will know where to go, or i can pm my number if someone would like me to contact them once i found somewhere on the day
  • Me and my brother are going to have a drink in the attached at Victoria station next to Marks and Sparks. Do nice food in there too.

www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk
  • [cite]Posted By: Jobbers[/cite]Me and my brother are going to have a drink in the attached at Victoria station next to Marks and Sparks. Do nice food in there too.

www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk

Cool may suggest that, so may see you in there
  • Was thinking about the montague pyke on charing cross road. The massive weatherspoons. Got about 15 tv's and a big screen
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Was thinking about the montague pyke on charing cross road. The massive weatherspoons. Got about 15 tv's and a big screen[/quote]

Sounds like a good shout.

I'm grabbing some food at Bodeans in Soho so may head there afterwards