Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

play-off revenue

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
The Valley gate receipts could be about £500k, unfortunately I don't think we get to keep them, I think the gate receipts of the four semi games are pooled, half going equally to the teams in it and the other half shared out to the other 20 teams. So we get an eighth of the pooled gate receipts. Some quick calculations .....

85% of combined capacities = 75,000 ... avg ticket price £16 say (kids etc.) ... combined gate receipts £1,200,000 ... so the play-off teams get £150k and the other teams get £30k.

So if this is correct, the gate-reciept 'bonus' for us is probably about £120k
(although possibly up to £150k with higher gates / ticket prices).

Anyone know how much the TV money is?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Anyone know how much the TV money is?

Don't give him anything, bloody pervert ;-)
  • why do the other 20 teams get some of the gate revenue ?
  • Don't forget that Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs get 14.9% of the total by way of VAT!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]why do the other 20 teams get some of the gate revenue ?

Yeah if that is tue it is stupid, do the 4 clubs in the CL have to share they money out?
  • The play-offs arise out of the league competition and personally I think it is right that a portion of the revenue from these games goes to the rest of the league, without whom there wouldn't be any play-offs.
  • Pays for SW bonus
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Pays for SW bonus

LOL