Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Officials for playoffs

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
I noticed the other day that the officials for the championship playoffs were "premiership" refs. Does anyone know if this will be the case for our matches?

I only ask because I find it unfair that the refs who officiate our games week in and week out are suddenly deemed not good enough for play off games.
Admittedly their standards are not as high but they are used to the additional physicality in our division and ae more familiar with the players

is it that the league are hiding these officials from general public?

Seems strange to me

Comments

• This would be good
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]This would be good[div id=Attachments_696755 class=Attachments][ul][div]collina.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]
    Legend
  • Shame he's gone to Liverpool
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    I only ask because I find it unfair that the refs who officiate our games week in and week out are suddenly deemed not good enough for play off games.
    Admittedly their standards are not as high but they are used to the additional physicality in our division and ae more familiar with the players

How unfair would you find it if we got an inexperienced or sub-standard ref and he cost us a place in the final due to his incompetance?
  • At the weekend Leicester had 4 handball shouts and Phil Dowd missed them all

the refs we get are likely to be more honest than a prem ref as they are not "friends" with half the players
  • The officials for the Championship play offs are prem ones, whilet we will get the dross we have had all year
  • If we'd a Prem ref for the Leeds match, why would we get a worse ref for the playoffs?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

[/quote]

How unfair would you find it if we got an inexperienced or sub-standard ref and he cost us a place in the final due to his incompetance?[/quote]

On the other hand if his incompetence gotus into the championship....
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]At the weekend Leicester had 4 handball shouts and Phil Dowd missed them all

the refs we get are likely to be more honest than a prem ref as they are not "friends" with half the players

I don't think he missed them, it's just none of them should have been penalties lol.