Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good Luck in the Playoffs

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Despite the high's and low's of what was a crazy season, it was actually slightly dull not having a rival to play. QPR and Watford are far too dull to even attempt banter with.

So, good luck in the playoffs I suppose. If we still have a club next season, I'm already looking forward to drinks in the Barrow Boy and Banker and our customary defeat.

Comments

• Cheers Churley. It's gonna be a long few weeks (or maybe only a week).
  • [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]rival

I don't think i'll ever recover from us being called that... we should be honoured ;-)

Fair play for nice sentiments... I sincerely hope you stay afloat, football is all about the dichotomy of rivalry... an essential part of most clubs is it's rivalry... reciprocated or not!
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]rival

I don't think i'll ever recover from us being called that... we should be honoured ;-)

Fair play for nice sentiments... I sincerely hope you stay afloat, football is all about the dichotomy of rivalry... an essential part of most clubs is it's rivalry... reciprocated or not!

was gonna post that :P

cheers mate :)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]rival[/quote]

Fair play for nice sentiments... I sincerely hope you stay afloat, football is all about the dichotomy of rivalry... an essential part of most clubs is it's rivalry... reciprocated or not![/quote]

I'm not saying the rivalry will stick, but there's little point denying it's returned for the last five years now! I was a little too young to remember the dark days at Charlton, so I never appreciated the hatred until 2005. With Brighton constantly being in our shadow, we could do with a couple more intense fixtures next season.

Well said though, it's mostly the same from Brighton fans. The vast majority want us to come through the current predicament whilst, understandably doing badly on the pitch.

I think, it's fair to say it's a massive few weeks for both clubs!