Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

spread betting on home crowd vs. swindon

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
after a dispute talking about the home crowd for swindon me and nicholas have just created a spread bet. iv got 25000-capacity and he has 22,900 - 25,000. for every person under or over the borderline we pay the other one a penny so potentially the max we can pay each other is about £20 but quite an interesting little wager

Comments

• you'll be paying out choice i reckon
  • I fear for you choice! ha
  • over 14,000 with away fans so far. surely has to top the leeds crowd plus the neutrals who will want to go out of interest and the fans who have dissapeared since prem days might turn out for this one, bit of glory and all that....
  • from the OS

And The Valley will be packed solid three days later when the clubs reconvene at The Valley on Monday night
  • I'd be disappointed if there wasn't over 25k for the home leg.
  • Reckon you'll be about a fiver up.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]over 14,000 with away fans so far. surely has to top the leeds crowd plus the neutrals who will want to go out of interest and the fans who have dissapeared since prem days might turn out for this one, bit of glory and all that....

Balance that out with it being a night match so young kids can't go and on sky so some people will just watch on tv. I think it'll be about the same as Leeds, 23k.
  • Reckon you could win about a £10 here choice....good bet :o)
  • it'd sell out if a ticket stub guaranteed you a final ticket !! (assuming we make it)
  • I hope your right Choicey and we sell out but... I think I am going to take you to the cleaners.
    COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]I hope your right Choicey and we sell out but... I think I am going to take you to the cleaners.
    COYR

£20 isnt going to take me to the cleaners, unlike losing a grand on west ham to beat man utd about 7 years ago
  • And if Swindon win 3-0 on Friday, the crowd will be about 16k :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]And if Swindon win 3-0 on Friday, the crowd will be about 16k :-)

you cant post that. thats negative
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]I hope your right Choicey and we sell out but... I think I am going to take you to the cleaners.
    COYR

£20 isnt going to take me to the cleaners, unlike losing a grand on west ham to beat man utd about 7 years ago

Ok granted it's not taking you to the cleaners, but any victory against you son is a sweet one. maybe we can do double or nothing in a game of darts :0)
  • we cant do a double or nothing because the darts will be before the match and we wont know the crowd by then. also when you post something can you click on bbcode at the bottom as its really annoying.
    O
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]we cant do a double or nothing because the darts will be before the match and we wont know the crowd by then. also when you post something can you click on bbcode at the bottom as its really annoying.
    O

Sorry new to all this
  • There will be a huge fight at the first leg and the game at the Valley will have to be played behind closed doors.
  • I've heard a rumour that demand has been so high for the home leg that the club are in talks to play it at Wembley.
  • Oh dear by the sounds of the last 2 comments one of us stands to lose a hell of a lot of money :)