Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hail Darren Randolph

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
I think Dazza's form in the run in has been excellent and a big factor in our improved defensive performance. We're getting more clean sheets and he's earned the shirt.

Oldham away was typical. Nothing to do most of the game, then a brilliant save to make out of nothing. Keeps his concentration well and is an excellent shot stopper. Distribution improving too. Sign him up!

Comments

• Think he will play an instrumental part in us winning the play-offs.
  • Agreed
  • edited May 2010
    exactly ... i genuinely believe if randy was in goal all season we would have gone up automatically ....
    if only he had been given a run earlier
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]exactly ... i genuinely believe if randy was in goal all season we would have gone up automatically ....
    if only he had been given a run earlier

i agree oohaah but to be fair to Elliott, a goalkeeper has to have a few shockers of a Massimo Taibi level to get dropped and i cant remember Robbie making too many mistakes off the top of my head.
  • Randolph this years Sasa Illic?
  • Don't get me wrong, Elliott is a good keeper but I just think Randolph is better. I think the reason Darren has waited so long is that when he got his chance in the Championship (can't remember which game) he dropped a rickett which was more McCarthy's fault IMO!

Anyway, I'm pleased for Darren, glad that he didn't get snapped up in January & hopefully he'll be the man for the future - I remember seeing him on loan at Welling & at that level, he performed like Lev Yashin!
  • Has been very good but he does worry me thathe is too casual. Saturday was a prime example not clearing it first time then selling the forward a dummy
  • Randolphs distribution is a minor concern, do not want to see him trying anymore dummies for starters. Maybe it is nit picking but at times, he can be too casual and a little slow to release the ball. Nevertheless he has been excellent since coming into the side and has made some very good saves.
  • He's the find of the season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Randolphs distribution is a minor concern, do not want to see him trying anymore dummies for starters. Maybe it is nit picking but at times, he can be too casual and a little slow to release the ball. Nevertheless he has been excellent since coming into the side and has made some very good saves.[/quote]

Deano used to like the odd dummy, his distribution was awful too ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Randolph to do an Illic in the final....
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Randolph to do an Illic in the final....

Concede FOUR?!?!?!?! (Sorry Sash!)
  • He could have been discovered a lot sooner had Parky not chosen to go with Ikeme.
    Randolph was Charlton's man of of the match in the FA Cup debacle and went straight back to the bench until there was no choice but to play him. That choice should have been made sooner.

If Parky was forced to play Ikeme to get him on loan, he should have gone for another veteran keeper who didn't come with a play guarantee.
  • True, AA, but we don't know what was going on with him and Parky. PP must have had his reasons.