Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v. Charlton Tv details?

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Heard some time ago that all play-off semi-finals will be televised. For those of us who can't make the trip to Swindon does anyone know the tv details!?

Comments

• on Sky.
  • I'm guessing it will be on Sky and the game will start the same time as at the County ground : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]Heard some time ago that all play-off semi-finals will be televised. For those of us who can't make the trip to Swindon does anyone know the tv details!?

It's on Sky.
  • sky sports 2... 7.30pm program starts
  • Ok great. Just looked it up Sky sports 2 it is... Will have to re sign-up or make a trip to the pub...
  • Phoned up yesterday to add Sky Sports back into our package.

"That'll be £18 per month. Afraid the football special offer has just finished."
    "What football special offer is that?"
    "For the World Cup"
    "But Sky aren't covering the World Cup, are you?"
    "Oh um that's right. How about if we do it half price for you - £9 a month?"
    "OK. Deal."
  • Comedian Jon Richardson (was on Have I got news for you last week) has a great routine about phoning Sky and haggling. Reckons if you already have a package with them, threaten to leave and go to Virgin Media or BT and they will always do you a good deal.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Comedian Jon Richardson (was on Have I got news for you last week) has a great routine about phoning Sky and haggling. Reckons if you already have a package with them, threaten to leave and go to Virgin Media or BT and they will always do you a good deal.

Or as another comedian once said ''I'm leaving the company to get a better deal'' as a threat but then they just said, ''Ok thanks bye'' and then he had to plead to get back on his contract and pay more for the same deal!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Phoned up yesterday to add Sky Sports back into our package.

"That'll be £18 per month. Afraid the football special offer has just finished."
    "What football special offer is that?"
    "For the World Cup"
    "But Sky aren't covering the World Cup, are you?"
    "Oh um that's right. How about if we do it half price for you - £9 a month?"
    "OK. Deal."

ha, that's made me chuckle. Strange though that whenever i read about stuff with certain companies on the web and i get a bit brave and try a bit of haggling, i never get anywhere !
  • Sky are tight when it comes to existing customers. The people on the phone are either Scottish or in a Bangladesh call centre. Absolutely no chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'm guessing it will be on Sky and the game will start the same time as at the County ground : - )[/quote]

LOL! nice one...
  • I got a good deal haggling with Sky, I moved last November and they said all I had to do was give them my new address details and they would transfer me over, I told them I hed recieved a better quote from Virgin so I would think about it...............bingo, the guy on the other end says "no need for that sir, what about if I start you off in your new address as a brand new customer then you will get all the deals", I thought for a min and then said "go on then, it will save the hassle of transfering to Virgin"

Phew.......Virgin do not even cover my area so I am glad he did not check, happy days.

1 x Sky plus HD box, free of charge
    Installation, FOC
    Telephone Line, FOC
    Sky World total package i.e. sports, movies etc, reduced rate
    Telephone calls, reduced rate

Haggle with them, you cannot go wrong, they do not want to lose you.
  • Are they right mog? Seems odd to have the championship playoff final a week earlier, I'm sure they all used to be on the same weekend.
  • Are any of the dodgy channels such as the arab channels showing the match?
  • Yep: thats why the "Championship Semis" will be done & dusted by tomorrow night.
  • Does anyone know a website where you can search for pubs with SKY within an area of a certain postcode, as I will be at my sisters on the night off the away leg so I need to search for pubs within the area with Sky.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Does anyone know a website where you can search for pubs with SKY within an area of a certain postcode, as I will be at my sisters on the night off the away leg so I need to search for pubs within the area with Sky.
    Have a walk around the streets on Google Earth and you'll be able to see which pubs advertise SKY....
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]Does anyone know a website where you can search for pubs with SKY within an area of a certain postcode, as I will be at my sisters on the night off the away leg so I need to search for pubs within the area with Sky.
    Have a walk around the streets on Google Earth and you'll be able to see which pubs advertise SKY....

Thanks will give it a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Are they right mog? Seems odd to have the championship playoff final a week earlier, I'm sure they all used to be on the same weekend.[/quote]

used to be but championship changed this year because of the world cup
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/search.php

Thanks, didn't find anything but will do the Google idea now.
  • where do you live?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]where do you live?
    I live in Welling but my sister lives near Mansfield (Nottingham) and I am going up there for my nieces birthday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]http://www.pubutopia.com/pubs/M/Mansfield/

Your intimate knowledge of all things pub - and on a nationwide scale - is very impressive P...

You must spend a lot of time researching...
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Are any of the dodgy channels such as the arab channels showing the match?

All the arab channels will be showing our games so the new owners can see what they are getting before the takeover is signed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]http://www.pubutopia.com/pubs/M/Mansfield/

Your intimate knowledge of all things pub - and on a nationwide scale - is very impressive P...

You must spend a lot of time researching...

Wish I could afford to.........