Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coach Times for Swindon

Does anyone know what time the coaches are leaving?

If not what time did they leave for the league game I know it was on a Saturday but how long did it take so I can get some kind of idea what time to leave work and get the kids out of school?

Cheers

Comments

• On the OS says it will be announced shortly. Would have thought they will give extra time as it is a friday evening on the M25.
  • i reckon fourish from charlton
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]On the OS says it will be announced shortly. Would have thought they will give extra time as it is a friday evening on the M25.

Unless you can guarantee leaving really early, like three at the latest, I think the train is the best bet....the journey by road from the South East to Swindon on a Friday afternoon/evening is always going to be something of a lottery.
  • you going soundas to this one?
  • Yup...ordered 4 hospitality tickets from Swindon on the understanding that we'd meet them in the playoff's.
    I 'sort of' know the guy in the Swindon commercial department as me and a pal did the corporate thing at their place earlier in the season.
    Hope he's going to call me in the morning to confirm...spoke to his wife today who told me he's going to call me first thing.
  • nice one.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i reckon fourish from charlton

good chance of missing the KO if leaving then on a Friday
  • 3.20 from Charlton, 4pm from Bexleyheath.

Supposed to take 2 hours 15 minutes from Bexleyheath, but I've allowed 3 hours 45 based on previous experience.
  • And 3.40pm from Eltham Well Hall. Do people reckon that is enough time?, I am undecided on train/coach as prices are not too dismilar but am paranoid about missing some of the match due to traffic.
  • What about Godstone?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]undecided on train/coach as prices are not too dismilar

What train deal you find?
  • What train deal you find?[/quote]

Read on the train to swindon thread that you can get a single at lunchtime for £11.50 and a single back for £7.50.
  • All up on the Charlton website, I may be going to the game on my jacks and will be getting the 4pm from Bromley north. All the info available on;

http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/ValleyAway.ink
  • edited May 2010
    I've bumped all the times up a bit to be on the safer side. And added Godstone.
  • Good idea, the m25 is going to be packed around 4.30 onwards.

Are we getting any free scarfs so we can hold our scarfs high and sing valley flloyd road?
  • [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]Good idea, the m25 is going to be packed around 4.30 onwards.

Are we getting any free scarfs so we can hold our scarfs high and sing valley flloyd road?

Cray, on a Friday I'd bring that time forward about an hour....it can be packed from around 3.30 onwards when the schools come out....families often pick their kids up, if they are going away for the weekend, direct from the school gates.
  • If I was driving I'd be on the M25 for 3pm, at that time (from J2) on a Friday aft I reckon you are looking at 3 hours to Swindon (and that's in a car not a coach)
  • Airman have a look at making it earliar.
  • edited May 2010
    Coaches have got four hours to get there from Bexleyheath/Bromley, which are likely to be their final pick-up points, four and three quarters from Charlton, which given the numbers will be the only pick up for some. In any event, we are selling on the times now advertised.

There is a balance to be struck because some people have to make arrangements to get out of work/school early. If there is congestion a coach travels at the same speed as a car!
  • Airman ive tried 56 times to get through, what is going on????
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]3.20 from Charlton, 4pm from Bexleyheath.

Supposed to take 2 hours 15 minutes from Bexleyheath, but I've allowed 3 hours 45 based on previous experience.
    Airman, I've got 3.00pm pick up from Charlton on my tickets.Also are you able to leave your car in the main stand car park bearing in mind what time the coaches will be getting back or will the gates be locked?