Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Drogba........

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
I am delighted he will never play for us.... (even though hed solve our striking crisis)

Watching Chelsea Wigan and hes thown his toys out and is desperate need of some johnson and johnson because Lampard took the penalty...

He'll never be worthy of a charlton shirt......

Comments

• Did you just see that overhead kick then the follow up header. His attitude may stink but he is probably the best striker in the world.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Did you just see that overhead kick then the follow up header. His attitude may stink but he is probably the best striker in the world.
    I'd put Torres, Rooney, Villa, Messi all in front of him.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Did you just see that overhead kick then the follow up header. His attitude may stink but he is probably the best striker in the world.
    I'd put Torres, Rooney, Villa, Messi all in front of him.

He`s right up there with the best.
  • He is indeed. He's 5th. ;-)
  • I think i'd rather have Drogba in my team over all of them, in terms of pure ruthlessness in front of goal and his power, complete striker.

Rooney has just been subbed so Drogba takes the golden boot.
  • As a Striker I think there is little to choose between him and Torres. The others are not strikers imho.
  • 7-0, Drogba hat-trick.
  • villa and rooney not strikers? drogba is a cheating git
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]villa and rooney not strikers? drogba is a cheating git

Well no ones saying he's perfect!
  • I'd have Rooney over any of them listed....can't stand Drogba, a fully fit Torres is much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Drogba is an absolute beast of a striker. Would definitely take him ahead of any other striker in the premier league, much as I think he's a massive bell-end.
  • Just watched the Chelsea game on MOTD. I know I am biased and our players are not perfect but watching Chelsea, they have some real t***s playing for them. Although not 100% of the time, usually I am proud of Charlton and most of our players, surely even the most ardent of Chelsea fan must agree that Terry A Cole and Drogba are idiots.

They may be good players but as people. there are one or two who seem very undesirable.
  • Drogba may be a twat but by god the man can play football! Torres/Villa different kind of striker, more of the quick feet/lethal finish style rather than power and strength, and maybe Rooney and definitely Messi are as much midfielder as striker given where they pick the ball up and go. All academic of course, who needs them when you have Dave Mooney?
  • I've heard a lot about Drogba and his charity work. Here's an example, but I've heard most of his charity work he does with no fanfare and no media coverage.

To put him in the same category as A Cole and Terry is unfair, I think. Unless there's some story I've missed.
  • I like him as a footballer. If he cut out the cheating and tantrums, I'd like him more, but they all dive at that level.
  • edited May 2010
    You have to respect him for his charity work, but it doesn't stop him being an asshole, just an admiral asshole.
  • he said after the game that he was in the wrong to have a sulk up and lampard was right to take the penalty
  • I think in fairness to Drogba he's a pantomime villain. He throws his toys out the pram and sulks on the pitch. But he's a winner, no doubt about that.

What IA says is spot on, you can't put him in the same bracket as A Cole and J Terry unless a story comes out to the contrary.
  • Can stand him but agreed probably 5th best striker in the world, although dunno whether you can class Messi as a striker if not 4th

Have torres fully fit over any of them
  • To be honest, im all about what these people do on the pitch - I couldnt care less what people get up to off of it...in fact id rather not know (its not news, just human interest stories that keeps the mainstream press ticking along nicely)

A.Cole may not be to everyones liking, but I have a feeling we'd all have him in starting place in the world cup..and thats what its all about. Drogba may sulk and have an "its-all about me attitude" but he's quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• He is a great player but he should not have acted the way he did yesterday. In my opinion he is the best and most complete centre forward in the world and would walk into any team - even Barcelona.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]surely even the most ardent of Chelsea fan must agree that Terry A Cole and Drogba are idiots.

I think the most ardent Chelsea fan will probably love them all.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Did you just see that overhead kick then the follow up header. His attitude may stink but he is probably the best striker in the world.[/quote]
    I'd put Torres, Rooney, Villa, Messi all in front of him.[/quote]

And McCleod?