Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oldham v Charlton - Player ratings

To complete the season series, if you were they yesterday then copy and paste the following an mark out of ten, half marks allowed:

Randolph -
Richardson -
Borrowdale -
Llera -
Dailly -
Sam -
Semedo -
Racon -
Bailey -
Burton -
Mooney -

Comments

• Randolph -7 - didn't have too much to do, one excellent save but some distribution poor
    Richardson - 7 - made some good attacking runs and combined well with Sam, not too much to do defensively
    Borrowdale - 6.5 - first time I've seen him, doesn't give us the same attacking options as Youga
    Llera - 6.5 - took a little while to settle down and get an understanding with Randolph, put some good passes in and scored
    Dailly - 7 - dependable and with his usual defensive organisation
    Sam - 7 - made the first goal, and put in some good attacking runs
    Semedo - 7 controlled the middle and some good distribution
    Racon - 6.5 - works well with Semedo but needs more of an attacking presence
    Bailey -6.5 - provided the best goalscoring chances but gave the ball away in midfield
    Burton - 7 - laid off the ball well but had difficulty in the air against a large CH, should have scored but Mooney got in his way!
    Mooney - 5 - maybe it's me but I just can't see what he brings to the attack excect he gets in the way and bottles out of situations

Fans - 8 - we were MoM!
  • by the way AFKA - Sam Sodje wasn't playing!
  • Cheers LL, i just copied the list off of Gary Haines match report without really concentrating

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36086
  • edited May 2010
    Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 8
    Borrowdale - 8
    Llera - 6
    Dailly - 8
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 6
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 7.5
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 7
    Dailly - 7.5
    Sam - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 8
    Bailey - 7.5
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 7
  • Randolph - 6.5 - Very little to do. One decent save, but distribution remains hit and miss. Still doing plenty enough to keep the gloves though.
    Richardson - 7.5 - Think he's looked 100% fit again in recent weeks and it's showing in his performances. Soild defensively and getting forward to better effect again.
    Borrowdale - 6 - Fairly solid defensively and swung a few decent corners in. Doesn't offer much else in an attacking threat and I'm still not convinced he's as soild defensively as he should be considering that's basically all he does. Still best we can hope for in Youga's absence.
    Llera - 7.5 - Good game at short notice for the big man, shame he has a ricket in him because when he play's like he did yesterday he's a good player. Did his job well at the back and he's easily the best passer amoungst our centre backs which does help us retain possession. We do tend to look a better side when Llera plays and plays well. Pleased for him to get his goal, although he has to thank the keeper for it!
    Dailly - 7 - Some wayward passing but otherwise what we've come to expect.
    Sam - 7 - Plenty of involvement despite Oldham doubling up. The Sam/Richo pairing was our main creative outlet.
    Semedo - 7.5 - Same old Semedo, plus he even had a shot which, although blocked, looked like it might have found the corner (of the net - not flag!).
    Racon - 6.5 - I think we'd all like to see a little more attacking flair from Racon, but he was getting on the ball and playing a few through balls etc. Seems to be trying to get into more advanced positions although it clearly doesn't come completely naturally to him. We've been very solid since he and Semedo were reunited though and their pairing is a major reason imo.
    Bailey - 7 - Getting back to his best. Seemed to play with a bit of confidence yesterday (far less rushing in possession and better decision making). Johnny on the spot for the goal, shocking miss when through on an open goal though. Interesting to hear Parky say they've been working on him getting in the box more again with Racon and Jose anchoring; there were of this happening more but at other times Nicky was playing as a deep holding centre mid covering for Racon and Semedo.
    Burton - 6 - Bit in and out from Deon, some decent hold up stuff but never came close to scoring.
    Mooney - 6.5 - It's such a shame Dave isn't a touch quicker and/or stronger because he's works very hard and he's a bright player but just can't impose himself on games. Was more involved than Deon though.

Overall a professional job done, although Oldham looked like a side with nothing to play for.
  • Randolph - 7 The criticism of his distribution is just knit picking in my opinion, a far better goalie than elliott!
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 6
    Llera - 7
    Dailly - 8
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 7 (Likewise to Exiled_Addick, i thought he played very well despite moans from the fans, yet again. The earlier comment about wondering what he brings to the team.....I thought Mooney was better than Burton yesterday and actually got the vital touch which allowed Bailey to tap in for the 1st, Runs his knackers off and really doesnt get the credit he deserves!!)
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 7.5
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 7.5
    Dailly - 8
    Sam - 8
    Semedo - 7.5
    Racon - 7.5
    Bailey - 8.5
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 6
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson -8
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 6
    Dailly - 8.5
    Sam - 8
    Semedo -7
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 8
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 6
  • Randolph - 6.5
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 6.5
    Dailly - 6.5
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6.5
    Mooney - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 7
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 7.5
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Racon - 7.5
    Bailey - 7.5
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 7
  • Randolph - 6
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 7
    Llera - 6
    Dailly - 6.5
    Sam - 7
    Se7medo -7
    Racon -7
    Bailey - 7.5
    Burton -6.5
    Mooney - 6.5
  • Randolph -7
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 6.5
    Llera - 6.5
    Dailly - 7.5
    Sam - 6.5
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 6.5
  • Randolph - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 6 Looked a bit slow and cumbersome
    Llera - 7.5 As others have said started slowly but then became quite imposing
    Dailly - 7.5
    Sam - 7
    Semedo - 7 Not as good as in recent weeks but luckily his partner helped out
    Racon - 8 MOM
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 7
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Burton - 7 ...... Mooney - 7 ..... I thought Mooney was better than Burton yesterday
    ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Burton - 7
    Mooney - 7
    .....I thought Mooney was better than Burton yesterday
    ??

lol i thought that

although i completely agree, wasn't at this game but everyone seems to not give mooney credit and dont see what he brings to the side which is a shame
  • edited May 2010
    Mooney did play well (till he was put clean through on goal and pulled up!)
  • Randolph - 6.5 His distrubtion isn't all that but he does get some distance on his kick. Not much to do really.
    Richardson - 7.5 Getting stronger and a vital part of our attacking game
    Borrowdale - 7 Thought he got forward more than any other game I've seen him. Often in the last third in a lot of space. Defended well.
    Llera - 7 Shaky start but to be expected after no games and three minutes warning he was playing. Got stronger and won a lot in the air. The spin he put on that free kick made it wiggle out of the keepers hands ; - ). FK was on target so credit for that.
    Dailly - 7 Solid as ever
    Sam - 8 put the cross in for the first goal, troubled them all day despite double marking
    Semedo - 7.5 Strong and solid. Carried the ball more to try and create space in a packed midfield
    Racon - 8 Played further up the pitch and moved the ball well. Did he win the free kick for the 2nd goal
    Bailey - 7.5 Another goal, was constantly making similar runs behind the defence at the far post and got some good positions from them. Miss of the season? Got to be up there with Mooney at Southend but he did well to nip in and take the ball.
    Burton - 7 Still not the old Deon but intelligent passing. Seems very restricted in his movement and running. OK he was never pacy but seemed more mobile earlier in the season
    Mooney - 7.5 linked up well with Fraser and Lloyd and found space

Solid performance, easy win in 2nd gear. Maybe in Bailey had scored that open goal we could have had a few more as Oldham were poor.

got chatting to an Oldham first teamer player in the Brewers Fayre pub (oh the glamour) who called the game right. They would defend and Gregan would bully Mooney and Burton but if we scored first then we'd win easily as they have nothing going forward. Joe Colbeck his name was. Played 27 times for them this season (including at the Valley) and 130 odd for Bradford. Nice guy and happy to chat but didn't see one Oldham fan approach him.

The lady in the Police outfit was interesting. Couldn't help but notice as she sat on the bench outside that she could afford a razor but not any knickers!

Good to meet lots of lifers up there. Good weekend for my birthday, turned out we were staying in Yorkshire in a hamlet on the border up near Saddleworth moor. All it had a B & B, a pub with a 1.00am licence and an Indian so we were sorted.
  • Randolph - 6.5
    Richardson - 7
    Borrowdale - 6.5
    Llera - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Sam - 6.5
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Mooney - 7
  • Sponsored links:

• The lady in the Police outfit was interesting. Couldn't help but notice as she sat on the bench outside that she could afford a razor but not any knickers!

Was this a good thing?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]The lady in the Police outfit was interesting. Couldn't help but notice as she sat on the bench outside that she could afford a razor but not any knickers!

Was this a good thing?

It was a birthday surprise!
  • ha ha ha! Good to hear you had fun!