Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs in Swindon

Assuming I can get a ticket for this does anyone know of away friendly pubs in the area that are decent. Will be getting down there for 14:00 on the day. Cheers

Comments

• We're getting there around 2 aswell.

Last time we headed to The Merlin which is less than 5mins walk from the ground near the magic roundabout, however by 2 it was soo packed you couldnt even get to the bar, however we can try and take over the pub
  • edited May 2010
    Last time we went to a pub called The Merlin near the magic roundabouts. Was alright and away friendly.

Ha Nathan beat me.
  • do me a favour go away
  • Do Swindon have any forums? Would be interesting to see their views, google produced a few but no active ones.
  • im quite a good judge of character i think you may annoy people by say thursday......lets see
  • Don't wear colours at Swindon haha Thanks for that tip
  • Dont wear ya colours, you might get banged up by the big, bad swindon mob
  • RR, ignore fella. Polite away fans are always welcome on this forum.

What's the feeling from the swindon side ? Happy pulling us ? Who did you want to avoid ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]RR, ignore fella. Polite away fans are always welcome on this forum.

Its only a bit of banter ;)
  • they all start nice,i see the signs
  • Sponsored links:

• I fancy us against you, the thing that worries me though is you have two strikers who can score goals, and play offs are all about scoring goals. Though Austin was the bees knees earlier in the season, but it seems to be Paynter who has been finishing stronger.

We'll be tough to break down, but not being free scorers is my only worry.
  • [cite]Posted By: rocking robin[/cite]Yeah paynter has had a good season but you have a good defence you dont concede many , it will be tight and could go either way . Your games against millwall were very high scoring what are your feelings about avoiding them ? Also what were your games against huddersfield like ?

Millwall usually beat us whatever the circumstances, so we definitely wanted to avoid them & they look the strongest out of our 3 possible opponents.

Hudds are good up front, but have the worst defence out the 4 IMO.

However, it's too close to call. If we stop Paynter & Austin we should win through over 2 legs. We won't if we don't.

TBH any of the 4 could win, there's not much to choose between them.