Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anybody here, hear what Crooks had to say yesterday?

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
Just speaking to my Dad in france and he was saying that Garth Crooks was talking about the playoofs and massive games, and he started talking about Leeds 87 and he said that 2 charlton players refused to play?? Aparently saying becasure of the atmosphere and that they will get kicked to death? and that it was also confirmed by someone else on the panel who was reporting on the game at that time?

Did anyone see this?

Did anyone know this?

Comments

• name and shame them garth.
  • One for Lennie I think.
  • At a guess I'd say Mark 'amos' Stuart was one of them. I know he only came (or was pushed) on as sub in extra time at St Andrews.
  • Seriously ?
  • How has this been kept a secret for so long? (if true)
  • Heard him say exactly that and was just coming on here to start a similar discussion, the pundits with him were Steve Claridge and Gaby Yorath/Roslin? I think she confirmed that she had heard that story. Not sure that if GC was refering to the replay or the away fixture at Elland Rd, he is not the easiest person to follow (verbally).
  • edited May 2010
  • If it is true then Mark Stuart would certainly be one who's name would be in the frame. Yes I could believe that...but at the moment it's just a rumour...or maybe something that was said at the time in a 'tongue in cheek' fashion, which has now become fact in the passing of time.
  • i thought this thread was going to be another pundit who seems to want to discount us like claridge and rosenior. what with danny mills supporting leeds on 5live yesterday and mark bright kissing palaces butts last sunday nobody seems to appreciate that we are going into the play offs in pretty good form and actually playing well and deserving to win games, since millwall we have only let in 6 in 10 games lets hope it stays that way. i think we will be tough to beat now
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite][url=[url]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/Mangonel/Gabby.jpg[/url]]Gabby Logan[/url][/quote]

can you dig any more of them out?
  • Sponsored links:

• rufused to play or just didnt fancy it?

Cant think of many players of that era would shy away from a fight.

Maybe it was Curbs : - )
  • Ironic really, considering if we face Millwall in the final it'll be fans that'll fear a good kicking.
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Marco[/cite][url=[url][/url]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/Mangonel/Gabby.jpg]Gabby Logan[/url]

can you dig any more of them out?
    Any good?
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Ironic really, considering if we face Millwall in the final it'll be fans that'll fear a good kicking.

WTF...speak for yourself mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Ironic really, considering if we face Millwall in the final it'll be fans that'll fear a good kicking.

really? I think you've got that wrong mate
  • Thirded! Are you sure about that not so jolly robin!
  • fourthed,im taking the whole family whoever we play
  • Jolly robin, speak for yourself about fearing the spanners. There all mouth.