Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Llera

I think he did well yesterday given he was called upon only 2 mins before the game started.

Some of the crowd really need to get off the blokes back, whether he is good, bad or indifferent there is no doubting he always gives 100% for the cause which is ultimately all you can ask of someone. So to that idiot at the back yesterday who almost popped a blood vessel whilst balling him out at one point - get a grip.

Interesting comments from Parky below which prove my point, Llera, it would seem is not full of confidence at the moment, and if he plays in the playoffs we really need to get behind him to build this back up not moan at him and make it worse....

"I'm pleased for Miguel,” added the gaffer. "I had a chat with him in the week. His last game was the Millwall game and I could sense he's been a bit low leading up to this week in training.

"I sent him home with a DVD of one of his early season performances and said 'Miguel, remember this season you have made a good contribution'.

Comments

• Spot on.
    Good Parky man management IMO.
  • Instilling confidence is the key, especially going in to the next 2 games.

Well done Parky, well done Miguel.
  • Barracking our players in a vital game,whoever did that really is clever!
  • Brought in on a free as our only centre back at the start of the season, playing alongside 2 other new centre backs, a new right back and countless left backs, I think he's done really well.
  • The bloke behind me all game was branding Mooney useless aswell, well i think this is another 'Llera' situation although Mooney quite clearly has ability. The way he brings the ball down with his feet is quality, his movement is very good and his work ethic is second to none. The clear run through at the end yesterday just showed he wasnt quite match fit. But on a whole, i thought he played very well yesterday!!
  • Agree about mooney thought he had a good game. Plenty of people getting on his back yet again yesterday, totally ignoring all the good work he did and berating the 1 or 2 mistakes he made.
  • LLera is a good League 1 player, and seeing as that is our level that's fine. He's been generally good but has had a couple of moments where he's lost concentration at vital times making mistakes.
  • I still think Llera is toilet even for this League. Good attitude and work rate but not good enough. I was at the back yesterday and I do agree the guy who nearly burst a blood vessell at llera went too far but Llera is a shocking player and may look ok against Oldham but versus the likes of Milwall and Huddersfield, a liability.
  • Lleras got some vital goals for us this season...
    See swindon at home before you criticise him. Mooney on the other hand, got bags of ability, as seen in his first few games - yet since then hes been utter wank
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I still think Llera is toilet even for this League. Good attitude and work rate but not good enough. I was at the back yesterday and I do agree the guy who nearly burst a blood vessell at llera went too far but Llera is a shocking player and may look ok against Oldham but versus the likes of Milwall and Huddersfield, a liability.
    That's why he's only a squad player here though. We'd have struggled to find someone that much better who is happy to fight for his place and only be 3rd choice. Wouldn't say he's toilet or good in this league, more in between, just a standard League One centre back. Solid on his day, looks awful when having a bad game.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Barracking our players in a vital game,whoever did that really is clever![/quote]

Ive got another word for these so called supporters....
  • I like Llera. Not a donkey as some suggest. He is tall and ungainly and that can often be mistaken as clumsy. In fact he is a decent footballer and can hit a decent pass. As already stated his level is probably Division One but for those of you who still expect players like El Kharkouri and Hudson to be our standard of centre backs then a reality check is in order. Not a bad player to have on the bench to throw on in the final minutes if you are chasing a goal either.
  • Look at the facts - he's scored a few. Made a fair few assists and he's cost us a few. This is the 3rd tier and it's to be expected!
    He doesn't hide and always gives his all. He throws himself into tackles and blocks and he is what he is. Limited, committed and sometimes erratic.

Fwiw he's certainly played a part this season and also seems a nice guy.