Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Election update....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Don't mind telling you, I am f***ed this morning. 17 hours of continuous working and as busy as you like. Glad it's only once every 4 years (or is it!)
  • Options
    530,335 people have voted BNP with 40 odd seats still to declare!!!

Interesting that Lib Dem actual numbers arent that short of labour - 6.3m compared to 8m yet lots less fewer seats
  • Options
    I have a (long shot) gut feeling that the Tories and LDs will somehow get together. The sole reason for my thoughts is that the Tories have basically sold their soul to the devil to win this, they have moved so far to the centre and peed off their own right wing on the basis of the need to win. Having moved so far already a few concessions now to get power is a relatively small step, to not win would be a disaster for them.

What a strange night Lab obviously lost but not as badly as they probably thought, the Tories have thought it was in the bag for months and the LDs must be gutted. Even Plaid Cymru and the SNP must be disappointed. The only winners? The greens and the Alliance party?
  • Options
    The Tories can't get a majority now.....
  • Options
    Cheers

Rothko you explained it in away that i can understand and i think that the best result would be a conservitive minority with the chance to vote agin in October with labour having a new man in charge

cant help but think if anyone else was in charge of the labour party then i think Labour could have got in again
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what does it all mean though??

To me it seems that Brown shouldnt be PM

It all depends on libs joining with someone

Cons gaining the most seats since the war

but who will be PM

Why does there need to be such a big majority surely a 50 seat swing is big enough if not why not i dont understand

if libs join lab the majority will be less than the 50 currently held by the torries so we are in the same position not enough for a majority

in my opinion surely the best thing and the thing that most seem to have requested is labour out, the Libs got less than had before and far less than they hoped so they are out of the game and that leaves the torries to run government

reminds me of when mourinho said that Charlton didnt beat cheski in the league cup as penalties dont count.[/quote]

I don't really get it either.

Surely if the Tories have the largest number of seats it should be for them to make a govenment doing whatever deals they have to do with whoever to get legislation passed.
  • Options
    thats what i thought but apparently not