Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'THE VALLEY PARTY' TWENTY YEARS ON - Introduction and Contents List

2»

Comments

• It was just an 'interesting' wiki, we'd want double deck open top, might have to be from selhurst to charlton homelands barring using the tunnel/ferry, would only work if we could get some kind of deal i think
  • I have a friend who was in the Labour Party in Greenwich around the time of the BtTV campaign. He said John Prescott got in touch (may even have come down to Greenwich) and told them to get it sorted, i.e. get us back to The Valley, as soon as possible as it was deflecting attention away from the important job at hand, fighting the Tories.
  • Where can |I get a copy of the team bus with the cup?

A life-size copy of the bus and cup or just a scale model?

A life-size copy of the bus and cup or just a scale model?
    Photo

• bump as we reach 25 years on Sunday
  • Is there a page/ site anywhere that sums up the campaign and return? Many of the links on this one have died. I was a bit young at the time so could do with some explanation on the intricacies of this stuff.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Is there a page/ site anywhere that sums up the campaign and return? Many of the links on this one have died. I was a bit young at the time so could do with some explanation on the intricacies of this stuff.

Planning to do this on the new museum site

Or you could buy Airman Brown's book which has all the detail. Copies in the Museum and elsewhere.
  • Cool. If I can help at all (copy writing/ editing/ video/ pics) then I'm happy to.

Meanwhile I'll find dad's old books, sure it must be in there.
  • Cheers Jimmy, not realised those links weren't working. Will update later
  • Sponsored links:

• Article links now updated and working
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Cool. If I can help at all (copy writing/ editing/ video/ pics) then I'm happy to.

Meanwhile I'll find dad's old books, sure it must be in there.

We'll be in touch
  • Yes the debt we all owe to the Valley Party is beyond measure and the experience gained in that campaign has stood CARD in very good stead.

Now, dare I say it for fear of being labelled Meire obsessed but was has become of instrumental former Valley Party candidate Paul Ellis who was a member of staff at The Valley when Meire swept onto the scene in 2014. As I recall it one of her first acts was a staff cull and Paul Ellis one of the first victims.

If you know, no need to reply here on this thread - a pm will do.