Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I alone

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
in wanting Charlton to win tomorrow?

I do not care about NilWall, I want us to sound off in a positive way at home if for no other reason than it improves our slim chances in the playoffs

Comments

• Options
    No. What's the point in going to a game wanting to lose?
  • Options
    No I only really care that we go up. There's still a very small chance we can get second, and I agree more importanly win to give us confidence going into the playoffs.
  • Options
    Of course you're not.

If we win tomorrow and Millwall and Swindon both lose then we're still in with a (slim) chance of automatic promotion. Anyway, if we win our next 5 games, we'll be up whatever happens elsewhere so of course we should want to win.
  • Options
    A win is needed, I could not give two figs about the Spanners, I just want to see us win every game we play,its good for the teams confidence, and its good for us fans!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2010
    If anyone [Charlton] doesn't want us to win tomorrow or indeed ever, they need to take a good look at themselves.
  • Options
    I am with you cfgs, I always want Charlton to win, and as exiled said if we win our next 5 games (4 wins and a draw will do) we are up.

COYR
  • Options
    Agree with all the other posters here. For me Pete F sums it up perfectly.
  • Options
    Want to tear Leeds apart tomorrow, still a little bit angry when they murdered us 6-1 on their last trip .
  • Options
    No. A win will increase my confidence in the playoffs, will also be nice to get one over on my Leed's supporting mate, although I now feel sorry for him!
  • Options
    Your not alone- David Guetta :o)
    think about 10% if that want leeds to beat us and they're not true supporters
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]in wanting Charlton to win tomorrow?

I do not care about NilWall, I want us to sound off in a positive way at home if for no other reason than it improves our slim chances in the playoffs

Winning tomorrow is one of the most important things about this season. A win would bost everyones confidence when we go to the playoffs. A loose and everyone will feel really good about seeing two team promoted on our ground in the last 2 games the laughing stock of league one we were already the laughing stock of the Championship last season.
  • Options
    No.

Ignore the others and concentrate on ourselves.

Two wins and we give ourselves the best possible advantage for the play-offs and maybe even a chance of automatic if a lot of things go for us.
  • Options
    No definitely not, i want to win the next 2 games maybe nick second (delusional?) and boost our confidence for the playoffs
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    put it this way if leeds win promotion at ours i wont be that gutted cos it means we have potential revenge in the play offs available!

and all this chuff about oh we gotta be in form is a load of old baloney cos scunthorpe had won 2 lost 2 and drawn 3 b4 they got to the play offs last year and drew both their semis(winning on penalties) b4 beating the scum in the final...
    so they got promoted winning 3 of their last 10 games plus a penalty shoot out victory, so there's hope for our binary bores yet!
  • Options
    A win MAY keep alive our chance of second spot.
    A win would add to our confidence in the play offs, especially if we end up playing Leeds in them.
    I would rather Leeds than Millwall in the play offs.
    I always want Charlton to win.
  • Options
    Don't really care if Millwall go up so long as we do too. Of course I want to win tomorrow.
  • Options
    I've never once seen us beat Leeds. Always desperate for us to do so because I (still) see them as one of the 'big' teams. Every season has at least one happy memory and I'm hoping today will provide it for 2009/10.

"Billy Bremner...Johnny Giles...Peter Lorimer......Don Revie! Don Revie! Your boys took a helluva beating!"

And so forth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 24 Red[/cite]Every season has at least one happy memory and I'm hoping today will provide it for 2009/10.

I'm hoping may 29th at wembley will provide it
  • Options
    Nice to know I am not a complete maniac in all things

COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Options
    This game is as big a profile game as the playoffs themselves, we gotta show we are up for it or we're doomed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic celebrations when AKPO scored - it seems everyone wanted us to win. And quite right too!
  • Options
    Most I have lept around for years