Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Useless Tipsters Thread

I may not be around for a while after next week ( not that i contribute much on here I have to say ). As a farewell tip for those of you who like a flutter I'll leave you with this :

Watch out for (and bet on ! ) any horse trained by JG Portman during the month of May, particularly unraced 2 year olds and especially any that run at Newbury.

COYR

Comments

• I'm nosy. Are you:

A. Going travelling on a voyage of self-discovery and inner fulfillment
    B. Ditching all things electrical and of the 20th century and going back to pre-historic times living off the land
    C. Leaving this world in some form
  • Never comb your hair with a spoon...
  • AFKA, sadly not any of the above. Er, just going away for a time...

RedZed, yes another good tip....not as lucrative though !
  • Armed robbery?
  • OK, i won't pry no longer. I wish you well*

* don't drop the soap, and keep a healthy supply of cigarettes, even if you don't smoke.
  • Swisdom is intrigued by events in this thread
  • Cheers, love the advice !!
  • the Jury might be in a good mood
  • Are you JJ in disguise...?
  • I wish you well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for that.

I don't ask for much but May 2010 is huge. A not guilty verdict, Charlton promotion, Millsmall staying down and Palarse going down would be pleasant!
  • SE9SE9
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: alan dugdale[/cite]Thanks for that.

I don't ask for much but May 2010 is huge. A not guilty verdict, Charlton promotion, Millsmall staying down and Palarse going down would be pleasant!

Right im only going to ask what everyone is thinking. What is it your up in court for? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]

Right im only going to ask what everyone is thinking. What is it your up in court for? ;-)

Race rigging ?
  • 'Watch out for (and bet on ! ) any horse trained by JG Portman during the month of May, particularly unraced 2 year olds and especially any that run at Newbury.'

I believe these are some of his 'entries' for starters, although obviously they may not run

02May10 4:05 Now What SALISBURY (Four Day), toteexacta Maiden Stakes

03May10 2:35 Minder CHEPSTOW (Four Day), Wyvern Ices Handicap

03May10 3:35 Ned Ludd CHEPSTOW (Four Day), Lindley Catering First Choice For Events Handicap

03May10 3:40 Russian Rave WARWICK (Four Day), Quantum Manufacturing Fillies' Handicap

03May10 3:40 Rioliina WARWICK (Four Day), Quantum Manufacturing Fillies' Handicap

None of these at Newbury or are they Two year olds by the way!

Slow, slow, slow night in work
  • what you basing this tip on pal?
  • Three meetings at Newbury in May. 14th, 15th and 22nd.
  • Are you millwall in disguise????

Sorry couldn't resist, cheers for the tip
  • J G Portman Flat racing stat 2010.

Races in 2010 - 56
    Wins - 0
    2nd place - 2
    3rd place - 6
    4th placed - 6

Better make it E/W :-)
  • 03May10 2:35 Minder CHEPSTOW (Four Day), Wyvern Ices Handicap Came 6th yesterday by 7 3/4 lengths

03May10 3:35 Ned Ludd CHEPSTOW (Four Day), Lindley Catering First Choice For Events Handicap Came 6th on 16th April by 14 lengths

03May10 3:40 Russian Rave WARWICK (Four Day), Quantum Manufacturing Fillies' Handicap Came 3rd on 16th April by 3 1/2 lengths
  • Should get a decent price then........
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]J G Portman Flat racing stat 2010.

Races in 2010 - 56
    Wins - 0
    2nd place - 2
    3rd place - 6
    4th placed - 6

Better make it E/W :-)

Think the point is Portman will have trained his horses to peak at this time of year...
  • Oh cheers, maybe won't get the massive price then.

Let's hope Parky has done the same.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]

He punched a nosey neighbour ; )
  • Mr Dugdale i will send you a large cake with a file in it should i make a healthy profit from your tip!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]

He punched a nosey neighbour ; )

lol Had to ask but it may be to late if he hasnt replied!
  • FYI - one of Mr Portman's nags placed 3rd yesterday from 16/1. Admittedly not from Newbury but I thought I'd point it out

He has 2 running today - 1355 Nottingham (Never Can Stop) and Cheap Street in 1645

I'm only doing a couple of quid so no harm.
  • I'd do what this bloke says...
  • Never can stop is the best backed horse of the day - into 9/2
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Never can stop is the best backed horse of the day - into 9/2

It finished second - Apparently finished like a train

runs again on Monday so I'm told...
  • I'm more interested in is Alan Dugdale "on holiday" or not.