Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brown's 'Bigoted Woman' gaffe...

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
Funny or Sad...?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I think it's a combination of the two. I don't imagine he's the only politician that's got back in his car or in private and referred to a voter in a derogatory fashion, however that doesn't make it excusable.

On the flip side had it of been Cameron would the Murdoch press have released it to the public?
  • Options
    Tory media bias blah blah blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzz

He is a sad man and an embarrassment to his party. Just shows what he thinks of the general public.
    He is so dysfunctional that I am starting to feel a bit sorry for him, in the way you do with the 'touched'.
  • Options
    My number one philosphy in life is 'Never say anything you don't want anyone else to hear...'

I don't suppose he's the only two faced politician on the planet but he's certainly the most entertaining one...

I'm glad he's not my dad...
  • Options
    Well, according to Fraser Nelson who's editor of the Spectator, and probably more right wing then Steve Downman, if the mic had been from the BBC, then the audio couldn't have leaked, so Sky have done him like a kipper.

But, Brown is wrong, and John Harris is bang on here http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/28/bigot-gordon-brown-gillian-duffy
  • Options
    how dare he call the lady a biggot

its as if you can not dare raise concerns over the imagration issue with out being called a biggot one off of a racist absolutley disgusting and summs up the labour government

it is a george bush moment and not one that i wish to associate with the leader of my country
  • Options
    The most worrying thing is that out country is being run by someone so utterly thick that he didn't realise the mic was still on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Interestingly when Blair wore a mic, he wore one which the Labour party had control over, why Brown let Sky mic him up, I don't know.
    terrible thing to say, she didn't say anything that she even that bad. The Harris thing in the Guardian sums up the gap between the Labour leadership and average Labour voters
  • Options
    well i think its odd an he was probably a lot more polite than tory boy david might say. He probably never met a woman like that in his polished life.
  • Options
    just seen this on tv. hahaha, what an absolute plum. They are all complete tossers.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Probably the moment that the election was lost...... This is the stuff of nightmares for a politician, heard this earlier and was stunned, his face in the studio was 'OH F***K!....

Put a spin on this one guys..... The worst bit though was when he emerged out of the house after offering an apology with a fake plastic smile.... Oh how these politicians squirm when they meet the people they claim to represent.the whole lot of them...... Taxi for Brown.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rothko, if the BBC had of got the recording it would never have seen the light of day either, it has always been clear where their political affiliations lie.

The 'audio leaked' what a load of old toot. Stitched up my arse, stitched up by his own idiocy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    total stitch up by our real ruler rupert murdoch. We all bow down to him. I dont even like gordon brown but this stinks. I would Vote green if a certain person was in my ward. But otherwise im totally confused to whats for the best.
  • Options
    In his first "chat" with Mrs Duffy about the Naitonal Debt he did yet again what he now regularly does: incorrectly use the word "debt" instead of "deficit" when saying "we will halve the debt [sic] in 4 years". No Gordy, your plans are to halve the deficit in 4 years - the debt will still be climbing for years after that and it will take about 20 years to halve the debt your govt is incurring.
    Obviously he knows the different meaning of the two words so you do wonder whether he is deliberately confusing them.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BBC rules say it can't anyway, regardless of the party. As confirmed by Spectator.

I don't blame Sky by the way, great story and Brown is banged to rights. Saying that if Cameron had said the same would the audio have leaked?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]well i think its odd an he was probably a lot more polite than tory boy david might say. He probably never met a woman like that in his polished life.

you are right there B but it is infuriating that these scummy people feel that we have no right to say anything to them, that old woman had served the local council for 30 years was a teacher and carer of handicapped children yet he calls her an awful woman and then a bigot,

if i was her son and he came round to appologise i would have slung him out of the house by his scruffy head

it just makes my job as a voter harder as i really dont like any of the main parties that stand a vote for a minor party is a wasted vote.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    Poor Gordon, I bet he wish he had never badgered Blair out of the job in the first place now!

Brown is a very intelligent man, way brighter than the other two on offer, but he is just about the worst campaigner from either major party for a very long time, probably since Michael Foot.

He has an appalling political touch and Labour must be wishing they had dumped him when they had the chance.
  • Options
    Brown has f*cked up so much i'm actually starting to feel sorry for the bloke. Total stitch up on him which will surely see Labour drop a couple more points in the opinion polls.
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/28/gordon-brown-bigotgate-marina-hyde
    Now being refered to as 'bigogate'... tommorow Tory boy 'Dave'!......
  • Options
    did he call her awful? I thought he meant it was awful. They are all so far detached from the working class i am just so disillusioned with them all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]did he call her awful? I thought he meant it was awful. They are all so far detached from the working class i am just so disillusioned with them all.

yep you will have to sell the greens to me bud cos at the minute i feel like not even bothering
  • Options
    browngaffe.jpg
  • Options
    We cant not bother nla but i am unsure also. Wish i was totally confident in one of them.
  • Options
    Its the Economy stupid.

Thats all people care about at the moment.

Today was a Thick of It sideshow.
  • Options
    Here comes the spin from the master.......
    Fortunately, the role of wildly unconvincing humanitarian was filled by Alastair Campbell, who redefined even his own standards of pathological disingenuity in an afternoon blogpost. "In the end," he explained to those sneerers who thought Brown's home visit was over the top, "GB was reacting less as a calculating politician than a human being who knew he had done something wrong. GB felt a very human need, for himself and for Mrs Duffy, to go to see her. It really was as simple as that."

Knew it would all be 'explained' away to the great 'unwashed'.....like myself!
  • Options
    I wonder if she'll become like Joe the Plumber did the American election.

Gillian the plumber.

Maybe Cameron will announce she'll have a seat in the cabinet.
  • Options
    This reminded me of something that would be on The Thick of It! Not sure if Gordon Brown is Malcolm Tucker though
  • Options
    That's a good article in the Grauniad. It makes the point that, despite his apparent sincerity, this is what he really thinks. Now he looks even less sincere than Cameron! Plus it shows that she shares the concerns of the public and can empathise with them. Not.

Do you think it could be a Labour meltdown a week tomorrow? Who's going to vote for them now? They have basically told their core vote that they hold them in contempt. Epic fail.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

I don't blame Sky by the way, great story and Brown is banged to rights. Saying that if Cameron had said the same would the audio have leaked?

Not in a million bloody years!!
  • Options
    I just watched the Labour ad on TV there now. It's awful. Not as bad as the Conservatives' "Hung Parliament Party" one, but still awful. All these happy families being ruined by men with clipboards...