Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Charlton News Website.

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
I am debating wether to build a new Charlton website for news and rumours ect. There will be no forum and I will link it up to Charlton Life for the forum, I was wondering what everyone would think about a Charlton Website just for news coming up and would you use it? And anyone who would be interested in being part of the team let me know. Ideas all welcome and then I will let you know what happens about the website. Plus Choice would you like to add Choice TV for all the highlights of games to be put on it?

Comments

• Remember what happened to the last one?
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Remember what happened to the last one?
    Money reasons, It got viewers I can assure you of that!
  • The issue I see is what can you offer that isn't on the many other websites. Through here, the OS and NewsNow or similar, you won't miss much at all.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]The issue I see is what can you offer that isn't on the many other websites. Through here, the OS and NewsNow or similar, you won't miss much at all.

Just where all the news is I guess and it will be on NewsNow, but it is still a maybe just trying to get ideas and then see what happens.
  • I wouldn't do anything unless you're confident you can offer something people can't get elsewhere (that's why I don't blog very much any more, frankly). Nobody needs another site regurgitating the same old crap.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I wouldn't do anything unless you're confident you can offer something people can't get elsewhere (that's why I don't blog very much any more, frankly). Nobody needs another site regurgitating the same old crap.
    ah, but it's quality regurgitated crap! ;o)
  • seeing as you called one of your last sites 'Charlton Life' to try and divert search engines away from here, i really don't hold out too much hope it will break the mould.

Only advice i will offer is do whatever aspects appeals to you as a pet hobby. If over people like it great, if they don't then nothing is lost.
  • Admire anyone who goes out there and gives it ago 4-life....my view is that there's enough info out there already and speaking for myself, I just don't have the time to go looking elsewhere for stuff that turns up on here in pretty short time anyway.
    Good luck if you decide to give it a go though and I wish you all the best.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]seeing as you called one of your last sites 'Charlton Life' to try and divert search engines away from here, i really don't hold out too much hope it will break the mould.

Only advice i will offer is do whatever aspects appeals to you as a pet hobby. If over people like it great, if they don't then nothing is lost.

That is not what I done! I didn't even know about this website and was the first thing what came into my head so I used it for a blogspot.

And thanks for the advice everyone, only a thought at the time being.
  • not new and not original so I'm out
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a good thought.

Shows love for the red army.
  • Addickted has gone, Babes has pretty much gone, NetAddicks and what was Fans went long ago. Here is the only place left and I don't think you'll be able to make anyone take a leap over, forum or no forum. Any news goes straight to here whatever the source.
  • everyones being a bit harsh here, cafc 4 life as AFKA has said do it if its not too much hassle and may catch on. People wont input on it by the sounds of it as they dont want to take it away from this site, but i think you could easily use both and link the two together so dont see the problem

But how can you gurantee your rumours, transfers are up to date quicker then anywhere else? do you have a source from inside the club? otherwise people can find most details of other websites
  • Why don't you start a forum aimed at the younger fans? Brrrrrrap!
  • go for it nothing to lose trying

Ignore the negative old farts here
  • Good luck...surely more CAFC to read about in the quiet month or so ahead will keep us occupied.
  • If you want just news then as well as NewsNow there is a 'portal' at www.forevercharlton.co.uk where all the headlines are linked as well as details of bloggers recent.