Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reid: Leeds game holds no fears

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8119223.Reid__Leeds_game_holds_no_fears/

Comments

• We should go into with no fears. But Leeds need a result more than us. So it'll probably end up a score draw. Which only helps Millwall :(
  • It is probably for the best from Charlton's point of view if Millwall did go straight up bearing in mind the Addicks' history of poor results against the Lions.
  • [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]It is probably for the best from Charlton's point of view if Millwall did go straight up bearing in mind the Addicks' history of poor results against the Lions.

I've been of the opinion the last few months that if we meet Millwall again we can't do any worse and I still reckon we'll be beating them at Wembley to a 30 yard Akpo Sodje wonder strike. in the 89th minute
  • He has to start.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]He has to start.

Been saying this for ages JT, but Parky doesnt listen to me....
  • To be fair he's not been 100% fit, and he doesn't usually last 90 minutes anyway. Parky probably thinking he'll make more impact coming on as a sub.
  • It was evident again Saturday that Bailey was annonymous out on the wing for most of the game yet when Reidy came on we actually looked dangeorus again.

If he doesnt play;

Sam, Semedo, Bailey, Reid.

On Saturday i will be well and truly gutted.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]To be fair he's not been 100% fit, and he doesn't usually last 90 minutes anyway. Parky probably thinking he'll make more impact coming on as a sub.

Same could be said for Waggy [impact player] so i think he could come on for Reid if he can't last - he did very well against Leeds in the away game
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]It was evident again Saturday that Bailey was annonymous out on the wing for most of the game yet when Reidy came on we actually looked dangeorus again.

If he doesnt play;

Sam, Semedo, Bailey, Reid.

On Saturday i will be well and truly gutted.

agreed. Said on another thread that Parky has to show balls and break up the defensive minded Racon/Semedo partnership. To get through the playoffs we need to be more offensive, scoring a goal a game won't be good enough. Now lowest scorers in the top six and one of the worst defensively too. We need to attack the play-offs and I mean attack them. WE may as well get some practice in against Leeeds and Oldham.
  • think we should hold reid back now for the play offs and get him 100% fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Look at the Traffic Light Boots on display in the picture :-)
  • “So it’s all down to us now to battle it out and either get second place or go up through the play-offs.”
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]To be fair he's not been 100% fit, and he doesn't usually last 90 minutes anyway. Parky probably thinking he'll make more impact coming on as a sub.

Same could be said for Waggy [impact player] so i think he could come on for Reid if he can't last - he did very well against Leeds in the away game
    True, I'd actually say Wagstaff has only really performed coming off the bench. Only problem is he's very one footed. Can see what Parky's thinking is, Bailey does a job on the left and then bring on a left footed winger with pace, Reid will always worry defenders at this level when on as a sub.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]It is probably for the best from Charlton's point of view if Millwall did go straight up bearing in mind the Addicks' history of poor results against the Lions.[/quote]

I've been of the opinion the last few months that if we meet Millwall again we can't do any worse and I still reckon we'll be beating them at Wembley to a 30 yard Akpo Sodje wonder strike. in the 89th minute[/quote]

Wouldn't want to risk it
  • I've just done the BBC predictor thing again, and have Millwall to go up automatically on 83pts and us (5th) to meet Huddersfield in the semi final.
    Leeds 3rd, Swindon 6th.

I'd settle for that.
  • edited April 2010
    Reid: Leeds game holds no fears.

no, that's because we've ballsed up automatic and are already in the play offs. don't you just hate these stupid soundbites. like, bailey " no more slip ups " or addicks " have the strength to see it through" i'm sure it's not the players or club who say these things just the idiot rags but they do piss me off. god i'm a miserable grouchy sod!
  • Shut up already autos are still there
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Shut up already autos are still there

lol what planet you on dazzler, still clutching at straws obviously?
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]god i'm a miserable grouchy sod!

I couldn't have put it better! .....lol

;o)
  • it aint over till leeds pick up 1 point or millwall pick up 2

UP THE ADDICKS

;o) Blind faith lol
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]it aint over till leeds pick up 1 point or millwall pick up 2

UP THE ADDICKS

;o) Blind faith lol

lol here! here!
  • I wonder where we stand with regards to Reid whether we go up or not, would love for him to sign permanently for next season.