Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The knives are out for Clegg

It is being alleged that party donations were paid directly into his personal account.

I bet the other parties have been desperately muck raking all week.

(Just passing on news - don't wish to start a political arguement) :-)

Comments

• I don't think its alleged as it was declared, its the why that's the issue if any, he says he used it to pay a member of staff..
  • The front pages of the Mail, Express, Telegraph & The Sun all laying into Clegg today.

Surprise surprise.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I don't think its alleged as it was declared, its the why that's the issue if any, he says he used it to pay a member of staff..

Agreed, I should have worded it better. He agrees funds went in. It's the why that is important.
  • The other two parties are scared, very scared.
  • yeah tory press are muckraking as they are bricking it..

still all politicians should be scrutinised, not sure who's scrutinising the tories though...

I reckon Cleggs gonna fall back a bit tonight anyway, if not this week then maybe next

Next week more likely to be a Brown gain but how far he will have sunk by then who knows
  • I agree Covered end, they must of been suprised how well he came out of the live debate so labour dare i say it are making up headlines and getting the newspapers to print it or digging deep at least
  • Can't wait for tonight actually. It's the best soap on TV. But glad it ends in a few weeks.

I think it's on Sky News ? What time ? Does anyone know ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Can't wait for tonight actually. It's the best soap on TV. But glad it ends in a few weeks.

8pm I think.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]I agree Covered end, they must of been suprised how well he came out of the live debate so labour dare i say it are making up headlines and getting the newspapers to print it or digging deep at least

Think you will find its the Tories and TORY press.
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Can't wait for tonight actually. It's the best soap on TV. But glad it ends in a few weeks.

Yikes will have to reconnect my freeview..
  • Sponsored links:

• nicely timed attacks by the Conservative attack dogs
    expect more of the same tomorrow I guess
  • Will be a decent debate as both will be trying to show up Clegg and his fantasy world policies, it's like he wants to be a modern day Robin Hood.
  • But Dermot O'Leary? Are they sure!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]I agree Covered end, they must of been suprised how well he came out of the live debate so labour dare i say it are making up headlines and getting the newspapers to print it or digging deep at least

Yes, you're right. Labour HQ has a direct line into the Daily Mail, The Sun & The Express and tells them what to publish.

Wake up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]I agree Covered end, they must of been suprised how well he came out of the live debate so labour dare i say it are making up headlines and getting the newspapers to print it or digging deep at least

Yes, you're right. Labour HQ has a direct line into the Daily Mail, The Sun & The Express and tells them what to publish.

Wake up!

I assumed as they have the prime-minister they could have? i dont really know tbh i was just thinking something along those lines this morning so is it the tories who run the papers then? Im new into the political front so excuse my simpleness. the live debate was first time i have heard any of their policies etc but was a bit staged, will try and vote this year but still 50.50 on who to vote for you can guess who i wont lol
  • the sun tended not to acknowledge the lib dem's existance up until the tv debate
  • My favourite accusation so far is that he's "multilingual" (usually alongside the word "cosmopolitan"), as if it's somehow a weakness that he can speak 5 languages.
  • IAIA
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]I agree Covered end, they must of been suprised how well he came out of the live debate so labour dare i say it are making up headlines and getting the newspapers to print it or digging deep at least

Wake up!

I assumed as they have the prime-minister they could have? i dont really know tbh i was just thinking something along those lines this morning so is it the tories who run the papers then? Im new into the political front so excuse my simpleness. the live debate was first time i have heard any of their policies etc but was a bit staged, will try and vote this year but still 50.50 on who to vote for you can guess who i wont lol

It's not that any party runs the papers, but the Sun, Mail, Express and Telegraph are all Tory papers, and will tend to support the Tories over other parties.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but Guardian, Independent and Star all Labour papers?
  • edited April 2010
    Wasnt the Sun a Labour paper....and then changed sides. Brilliant.
  • edited April 2010
    It's what the right wing press are all about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kggld0A3ssM
  • Sponsored links:

• mirror is labour.
  • Guardian hasn't declared yet, suspect it might go Lib Dem this time
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]the sun tended not to acknowledge the lib dem's existance up until the tv debate

Same as mate and you can guess what paper i read(For sports best paper imo, rest of paper takes me about 5mins)

[cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Wake up!

It's not that any party runs the papers, but the Sun, Mail, Express and Telegraph are all Tory papers, and will always support the Tories over other parties.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but Guardian, Independent and Star all Labour parties?

I honestly didnt have a clue mate, but thanks you have educated me that bit further now. see at least unlike some in my age i am trying to take an interest in voting etc, although my mum will get very annoyed if i dont vote who she does lol tough!!
  • Whoever Murdoch fancies.
  • Mail, Express, Times ,Telegraph are right wing Tory-supporting papers
    The Sun backs whoever they think will win so they can give themselves the credit
    Mirror is a Labour supporting paper

Guardian and Independent are independent, slightly left of centre papers but don't back parties in the same blinkered way as the others do - suspect both will come out in support of Liberals in a couple of week's time.
  • whu has this thread gone all wonky since that video was posted above?
  • Well I guess they could not have expected to get through the whole campaign simply by saying we are different from the other two parties, they had to expect some scrutiny of their policies at some stage.

As for the press, for the benefit of the new voters, the sun is working class, normally tory in the last 30 years but did back Blair, the mirror is working class labour, always has been, the mail is middle class tory, the times is More inclined to tory but has a larger socio economic readership than most papers, the guardian are
    labour, but their politics are a mix of labour and liberal, as much as they would deny the liberal bit, but libs policies tend to be left of new labour on a lot of issues, the independent is probably the liberal paper of choice, the telegraph is a waste of time unless you want to know how your public school hockey team are getting on, the express is working/middle class tory and the star is not a newspaper. Hope this helps.
  • i want my 6 and a half minutes back!
  • Sorry about the Sun. It's neutral, but it announced right before the Labour Conference that it was backing Cameron. Probably so that they're backing the winners and can take the credit.

I mixed up the Mirror and the Star. I genuinely would've had the Independent in the same category as (but the opposite to) the Telegraph - they don't shout from the rooftops that they support Labour, but they do.

[cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Whoever Murdoch fancies.

Would Ya - politicians special?
  • Steve you forgot the Hythe Herald.

Probably the worst local paper in the land. I'm sure it goes up 5p everytime i buy it!