Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Franck Ribery- Makes John Terry look a vicar

Just seen him sent off and commentators saying about his recent off- field scandal...thought he'd done the usual footballer's misdeameanour of nightclub brawl/drunk driving/roasting of teamate's missus but what is on wikipedia sinks to another level. If true what an utter, utter scumbug and hope he breaks both his legs if he is guilty:

"On 18 April 2010, it was first reported by French television service M6 that four members of the French national team were being investigated for their roles as clients of a prostitution ring that was being operated inside of a Parisian nightclub with some of the women possibly being underage. The report also stated that two of the players were already questioned as witnesses by judge Yves Dando and a group of magistrates. The report described the two players as being one who “is a major player in a big foreign club” and that the other “plays in the championship of France Ligue 1".[8] Later that day, the players were discovered to be Ribéry and Sidney Govou.[9] During his interview with Dando, Ribéry reportedly admitted to having a relationship with a prostitute, but did not know that she was a minor at the time the relationship began.[10][11] It is not known if Ribéry will be charged."

Comments

• i think the girl in question was 17 at the time (which is illegal in france for prostitution) and she has said the players were gents when they were paying her £2k a pop for a pop ....
  • Still a wrong un in my book ooh ah.

Probably got paid 50k to say they were like James Bond, Carey Grant and the Milk Tray man in her company n'all.
  • Benzema is involved in that too. I'm not sure what to think, but since he's a Charlton fan, I'll take his side.

He was 20, she was 16
  • Thing is these guys have the world at their feet and think they are untouchable.

If it was a couple of plumbers and a schoolteacher im sure they'd be lynched by the papers for going to brothels with underage "girls"
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Thing is these guys have the world at their feet and think they are untouchable.

If it was a couple of plumbers and a schoolteacher im sure they'd be lynched by the papers for going to brothels with underage "girls"

If they were plumbers I doubt the newspapers would care too much. Maybe a court report, nothing more.

All the same, it's a murky case for me, morally. The age of consent in France is 15, but they can't be paid for sex until they're 18.
  • IA - don't think the press is the worry, if it was a normal bloke he would more likely get proper bird for it. Will be interesting to see what these nonces get.
  • they are French.....standard.
  • if they didn't know the prostitutes were 17 instead of 18, although not a legal defence, I have some sympathy with them, cos it can be hard to tell how old some girls that age are.

But saying that, I don't get why guys like Ribery and both Ronaldos and Nani (who all have previous with prostitutes) decide to get prostitutes in the first place. I imagine in their position they'd have girls throwing themselves at their feet, plus there's so much risk of bad PR you'd think there's no need for it....

Bloody idiots
  • I must be missing something here. They had consensual sex with women over 16. They have fallen foul of a rediculous antiquated French law. In this country nothing they did would be considered illigal. If I wanted to have sex with a 16 year old prostitute I would not expect to be judged and condemned by anyone other than religious freaks.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I must be missing something here. They had consensual sex with women over 16. They have fallen foul of a rediculous antiquated French law. In this country nothing they did would be considered illigal. If I wanted to have sex with a 16 year old prostitute I would not expect to be judged and condemned by anyone other than religious freaks.

The law is the same over here. Prostitutes have to be 18, otherwise it's classed as child prostitution. Think it's was originally an Eu directive as it was part of the Sexual Offences Act 2003
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I must be missing something here. They had consensual sex with women over 16. They have fallen foul of a rediculous antiquated French law. In this country nothing they did would be considered illigal. If I wanted to have sex with a 16 year old prostitute I would not expect to be judged and condemned by anyone other than religious freaks.[/quote]

If you're 26 (Ribery) or 30 (Govou) and wanted to have sex with 16 year old prostitues I would feel I'm perfectly entitled to judge and condemn you.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]But saying that, I don't get why guys like Ribery decide to get prostitutes in the first place. I imagine in their position they'd have girls throwing themselves at their feet, plus there's so much risk of bad PR you'd think there's no need for it....

Er....have you seen the state of Ribery's mush? He ain't no painting!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I must be missing something here. They had consensual sex with women over 16. They have fallen foul of a rediculous antiquated French law. In this country nothing they did would be considered illigal. If I wanted to have sex with a 16 year old prostitute I would not expect to be judged and condemned by anyone other than religious freaks.

If you're 26 (Ribery) or 30 (Govou) and wanted to have sex with 16 year old prostitues I would feel I'm perfectly entitled to judge and condemn you.

Especially as Ribery is married with 2 kids.
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]But saying that, I don't get why guys like Ribery decide to get prostitutes in the first place. I imagine in their position they'd have girls throwing themselves at their feet, plus there's so much risk of bad PR you'd think there's no need for it....

Er....have you seen the state of Ribery's mush? He ain't no painting!

Neither Rooney, and I reckon Bruce Forsyth ain't got a wife 30 years younger who used to be Miss World cos of his looks!

Call me a cynic but money talks......:p
  • Brucie has charm mate, absolute legend, I'd marry Brucie if I was a woman.

Rooney looks like Clooney compared to Ribery. Looks like he has Dawn French's chuff as a face.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]if they didn't know the prostitutes were 17 instead of 18, although not a legal defence, I have some sympathy with them, cos it can be hard to tell how old some girls that age are.

But saying that, I don't get why guys like Ribery and both Ronaldos and Nani (who all have previous with prostitutes) decide to get prostitutes in the first place. I imagine in their position they'd have girls throwing themselves at their feet, plus there's so much risk of bad PR you'd think there's no need for it....

Bloody idiots

Prostitutes don't talk to the newspapers, because if they did, they'd immediately lose all of their high-paying business. So marriage/reputation intact.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]IA - don't think the press is the worry, if it was a normal bloke he would more likely get proper bird for it. Will be interesting to see what these nonces get.

Inequality in the justice system gets your goat? Probably takes a lot of work to get these cases to court, can see why you'd be annoyed
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    Prostitutes don't talk to the newspapers, because if they did, they'd immediately lose all of their high-paying business. So marriage/reputation intact.

These girls are motivated by cash so if they pay 'em enough, they'll open up for the papers. Some girls like the notoriety a celebrity customer brings, and it can even be good for business.

Take your point that they are less likely to talk than a random slapper giving out freebies but equally, a random slapper is likely to have less of a story than someone that was paid for the deed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]She needs feeding, not poking!

http://www.bu2z.com/images/photos-zahia-dehar-prostituee-bleus.html

To be fair it's pretty difficult to tell if she's 17 or 18, if she said she was 21 i'd believe her!
  • Sponsored links:

[cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I must be missing something here. They had consensual sex with women over 16. They have fallen foul of a rediculous antiquated French law. In this country nothing they did would be considered illigal. If I wanted to have sex with a 16 year old prostitute I would not expect to be judged and condemned by anyone other than religious freaks.

On what grounds? You disapprove of the 10 year age gap? Or do you think prostitution is immoral?
  • I agree with Allez - why do these footballers need prostitutes anyway? Even if they didn't realise she was underage, what a stupid thing to do. I wish footballers who were good role models got as much press as the deviants do.

At least the FFF brightened the mood with their pun:

"This is yet another blow for the French team," a source at the French Football Federation, who wished to remain anonymous, told AFP after Ribery was named in the scandal.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]I must be missing something here. They had consensual sex with women over 16. They have fallen foul of a rediculous antiquated French law. In this country nothing they did would be considered illigal. If I wanted to have sex with a 16 year old prostitute I would not expect to be judged and condemned by anyone other than religious freaks.
    So - just to summarise - you think it's OK to have sex with prostitutes? Something that is (technically) illegal, exploitative and immoral. Tell you what, why don't you spend a few days in the company of women who have been forced into prostitution to feed their families, or their drug habits, or through fear of being beaten to death by their pimps. Christ almighty there's been a lot of old bollocks written on this forum in its time (plenty by myself included), but this takes the cake.

I'm glad you wouldn't expect to be condemned by anyone except 'religious freaks'. You might be ever so slightly surprised to hear, however, that not everyone shares your moral compass... and think you'll find most people think that prostitution is very, very wrong. As well as very, very sad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]She needs feeding, not poking!

http://www.bu2z.com/images/photos-zahia-dehar-prostituee-bleus.html

To be fair it's pretty difficult to tell if she's 17 or 18, if she said she was 21 i'd believe her!

I feel bad now I've seen that thinking I would after what I've said! Least I only have a 3 year age gap and I would never pay for it, and that's not just because I'm a student and couldn't afford it!
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

These girls are motivated by cash so if they pay 'em enough, they'll open up for the papers. Some girls like the notoriety a celebrity customer brings, and it can even be good for business.

Take your point that they are less likely to talk than a random slapper giving out freebies but equally, a random slapper is likely to have less of a story than someone that was paid for the deed.

This girl was getting £2k for each time she met Ribery, probably similar amounts for the other two and each of her other customers. The papers would want to be paying an awful lot to cover that sort of money, because she could never really be a prostitute again, certainly not getting that sort of money again.

LOL GNelson. They must be following the same route as won Italy the World Cup last time. The more controversy the better
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    So - just to summarise - you think it's OK to have sex with prostitutes? Something that is (technically) illegal, exploitative and immoral. Tell you what, why don't you spend a few days in the company of women who have been forced into prostitution to feed their families, or their drug habits, or through fear of being beaten to death by their pimps. Christ almighty there's been a lot of old bollocks written on this forum in its time (plenty by myself included), but this takes the cake.

I'm glad you wouldn't expect to be condemned by anyone except 'religious freaks'. You might be ever so slightly surprised to hear, however, that not everyone shares your moral compass... and think you'll find most people think that prostitution is very, very wrong. As well as very, very sad.

What you are talking about is not consensual and is exploitative. But you are very naive if you think that all prostitution can be described in those terms. If a woman wanted to pay me £1,000 to have consensual sex with her what right do you have to judge her or me? Are there any other personal/religious morals you would like imposed on other people?
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

On what grounds? You disapprove of the 10 year age gap? Or do you think prostitution is immoral?

I disapprove on the age gap if she was 16/17 when they were ragging her.

I'm 26, and have an 18 year old sister, her mates are all sexually active, have been since they were 15, but I look at her mates and they are all still girls. In my eyes anyway. At 16/17, compared to women who are 19+, there is a big difference. And at my age, to be sleeping with a 16 year old is just wrong. Just doesn't sit well with me at all. But that's my own opinion.
  • Ribery and his mates are idiots to pay £2000 for that. He should just go up the Ivory Lounge on a saturday night, two Reefs and JD & Coke usually does the trick.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]if they didn't know the prostitutes were 17 instead of 18, although not a legal defence, I have some sympathy with them, cos it can be hard to tell how old some girls that age are.

Bloody idiots[/quote]

Of course we had Rooney with the overage prostitute and Avram in the Pompey sauna!!