Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We've qualified for the playoffs ..... do we celebrate or what?

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
3 games to play for, 9 points at stake.

All we need is 1 point more than Leeds ..... and Millwall ..... Swindle Town.

We won't be favourites - but you never know, lol

Comments

• Colchester are 9 points behind us so it's still possible we could finish 7th.

It's all but mathematical, time to stop worrying about below us and start focusing on chasing second place. :)
  • We've not qualified yet...have we?
  • celebrating league one play offs ...........crikey
  • What happens if we get 1 point against Exeter - do we raise the roof for getting in the play offs, or cry in our beer for making 2nd place more difficult?
  • [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Colchester are 9 points behind us so it's still possible we could finish 7th.
    Correct.

Hopefully Southampton won't make the playoffs.
  • [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Colchester are 9 points behind us so it's still possible we could finish 7th.

I know, mathematically ...... but only if we lose an 8 goal difference and lose each of our remaining 3 games ...... plus Colchester must win all 3 of theirs, including a very tricky fixture away at Huddersfield.

We're there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe

Hopefully Southampton won't make the playoffs.

As it stands because of inferior goal difference, Huddersfield need 3 points from 9 to be certain.

Colchester need 9 out of 9, plus have a much inferior goal difference to Huddersfield.
    If Colchester don't win on Saturday, then they're out of the game.

If they do win, the fixture list has thrown up a 6-pointer in their penultimate match:
    1st May, Huddersfield v Colchester.

And, of course, they can't both win.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]As it stands because of inferior goal difference, Huddersfield need 3 points from 9 to be certain.

Colchester need 9 out of 9, plus have a much inferior goal difference to Huddersfield.
    If Colchester don't win on Saturday, then they're out of the game.

If they do win, the fixture list has thrown up a 6-pointer in their penultimate match:
    1st May, Huddersfield v Colchester.

And, of course, they can't both win.

Errrrrm right.....ah yup got that.....I think?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Errrrrm right.....ah yup got that.....I think?

lol, SoundAs!

If anybody is wondering who Huddersfield play on Saturday .... away to Stockport County.

If Huddersfield win, Southampton can't qualify for the Playoffs, even if they win 10-0.
  • Calm down Oggy, as others have said we're not there yet. If we lose 3 and Colchester win 3,that 8 goal favourable goal differnce would disappear !

We need 1 more point. But Soton can't catch us now, only Colchester.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking open another can of 2% lager here. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Cracking open another can of 2% lager here. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You go easy there
  • Damn it, its 9am here so I cant do anything except celebrate with some vegemite and a cup of tea.....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Damn it, its 9am here so I cant do anything except celebrate with some vegemite and a cup of tea.....

You go easy there
  • Alright,

Im gonna go big time and have a coffee... black!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Alright,

Im gonna go big time and have a coffee... black!!!!!

With or without sugar
  • Im going one sugar....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Im going one sugar....

You just dont care do you !!!
  • im gonna go wild guys im gonna have a big mac for lunch!

and a can of bavaria beer.. followed by a red bull then back on the phones!
  • Any other club except us leeds and norwich would be celebrating that there in the playoffs as the scenes at huddersfield when they beat the scum shows.
  • Sponsored links:

• An extra poached egg on my toast today for me !
  • edited April 2010
    I read Tony Craig is out for the rest of the season for Millwall. Pretty big loss for them defensively, as i believe Dunne is also currently injured.

Edit: Just seen the other thread confirming it.....
  • Have a word......NO we do not! we celebrate when/if we are promoted play offs get nothing unless we win them
  • We need a point to be mathematically safe for play offs or Colchester not to win one of their remaining game.

Nail-biting stuff but I reckon we can do it
  • If you'd asked me at the beginning of the season if I'd be happy with a play off place I'd have said yes...

But the way the season's panned out I'm slightly disappointed...

Excited though..
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]If you'd asked me at the beginning of the season if I'd be happy with a play off place I'd have said yes...

But the way the season's panned out I'm slightly disappointed...

Excited though..

lol thats what i put on similar thread ;o) apart from the excited part that is
  • I celebrated by upgrading my lunchtime crisps from Walkers to McCoys.

Glory, glory days such as these are deserving of a thickened ridge !