Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton draw with Oldham

I think this completely kills off their play off hopes , all Huddersfield need to do is beat Stockport now

Comments

• Good
  • Unlucky Pards old son...he he he!!
  • He'll be gone before the season is out...
  • thankful that had ten point deduction though
  • Yes, kills off their nonexistent chance of the play-offs.
  • I see Saints sub got subbed.

Oldham must have parked the bus ....... we know how that feels (!)
    They are now on 51 points, with 3 games left, 7 points and a vastly better goal difference than 4th bottom Tranmere.

So do we celebrate qualifying for the play-offs ......?
  • Possession 56% 44%
    Shots on target 12 2
    Shots off target 7 1
    Corners 7 2

Parked the bus earlier today and bricked uo the goals
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]So do we celebrate qualifying for the play-offs ......?
    Not until we get another point that mathematically guarantees we're in !!! Colchester still have a (slim) chance to 'do us' on GD............
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]thankful that had ten point deduction though[/quote]

Well they only got the deduction because they went into administration which meant that the owner could buy them on the cheap and spend his money on players. So if they had not been totally broke they would not have been able to buy the team that they have - if you see what i mean.
  • still thankful we may come sixth
  • Sponsored links:

• Oldham parked the bus, most negative side you'll see all season. But they defended very well.

Good effort from Saints and Pardew over the course of the season, all if and buts at the moment but I'm sure we will be there or there abouts next season.

One thing that I said to my mate today was that I would prefer to finish outside the play offs with a 10 point deduction than finish in the play offs and lose.
  • To be fair,if P was still our manager I'd be covered in my own bob - again!
  • Oldham did the same to us
  • The worst thing is that Southampton will still be around next season if we fail to scramble up. However, of the teams coming down only Palace/Sheff Wed would worry me.
  • [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]The worst thing is that Southampton will still be around next season if we fail to scramble up. However, of the teams coming down only Palace/Sheff Wed would worry me.

If we stay down, I am not convinced that Pards can sustain the run they have had ... of course, he may not be there! And will they keep all their players? Higher teams will now be on the alert as Saints will not go up. Then Pards can go back to buying bad players ;-)
  • JTJT
    edited April 2010
    "They made it very, very difficult for us and the referee never helped us. ''

Is the ref meant to help?
  • just as well we won't be playing Oldham again this season possibly desperate for a win.

Oh, hang on a minute.....
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]The worst thing is that Southampton will still be around next season if we fail to scramble up. However, of the teams coming down only Palace/Sheff Wed would worry me.

Ifwe stay down, I am not convinced that Pards can sustain the run they have had ... of course, he may not be there! And will they keep all their players? Higher teams will now be on the alert as Saints will not go up. Then Pards can go back to buying bad players ;-)

Correct, I think Soton will be red hot favourites next year and will crumble under the presure!

Plus think someone will buy Llanna and maybe Lambert.
    edited April 2010
    Southampton - Makes me happy to see they wont be in the playoffs but not because they are southampton and i dont like them. As a club i have quiet a bit of time for them and have always enjoyed away days down there but becasue of pards i can only say good.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Oldham parked the bus, most negative side you'll see all season. But they defended very well.

Good effort from Saints and Pardew over the course of the season, all if and buts at the moment but I'm sure we will be there or there abouts next season.

One thing that I said to my mate today was that I would prefer to finish outside the play offs with a 10 point deduction than finish in the play offs and lose.

To be fair when they came to us they did a bloody good job of parking that bus and Simon Gregan was incredible. I'm still staggered that fat jabber could contain any opposing striker with his turning arc but he managed it.

I hope they are safe when we go there and they roll over for us - either that or the Charlton machine will be in full flow by then and it won't matter
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Oldham parked the bus, most negative side you'll see all season. But they defended very well.

I hope they are safe when we go there and they roll over for us - either that or the Charlton machine will be in full flow by then and it won't matter

Oldham are 16th and have Southend and Yeovil before they play us. They should be comfortably mid-table by then.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]One thing that I said to my mate today was that I would prefer to finish outside the play offs with a 10 point deduction than finish in the play offs and lose.

I would much rather finish 3rd-6th than 7th-24th regardless of points deductions.
  • Hoping that Oldham will play a more open game at Home than they did at The Valley where they had absolutely no interest in winning the game. I'm also hoping that our game there will be a meaningful one!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]just as well we won't be playing Oldham again this season possibly desperate for a win.

Oh, hang on a minute.....

See you there ... going to be a good day!
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]One thing that I said to my mate today was that I would prefer to finish outside the play offs with a 10 point deduction than finish in the play offs and lose.

I would much rather finish 3rd-6th than 7th-24th regardless of points deductions.

I agree dabos, logically with a point deduction the higher you finish the better. So it makes no sense that you would rather finish outside of the playoffs than in them just because your scared of loosing doesnt really make much sense. At the end of the day you had ten points deducted at the start of the season so fair play for being were you are now but surely you would rather finish higher than lower in the league any team would want that. As for Oldham i know what you mean they are a park the bus type club and will stay in league one forever i think former Premiership club makes me laugh.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]One thing that I said to my mate today was that I would prefer to finish outside the play offs with a 10 point deduction than finish in the play offs and lose.

I would take 7th-10th place to avoid going out of the play offs. That is one of the biggest disappointments you can experience, when we lost to Derby in the Championship play offs it felt worse than relegation from the Premiership. If you win them however it is the best way to go up as you get that day out at Wembley, I just wouldn't have fancied us or against Millwall over two legs.
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]The worst thing is that Southampton will still be around next season if we fail to scramble up. However, of the teams coming down only Palace/Sheff Wed would worry me.

Ifwe stay down, I am not convinced that Pards can sustain the run they have had ... of course, he may not be there! And will they keep all their players? Higher teams will now be on the alert as Saints will not go up. Then Pards can go back to buying bad players ;-)

Correct, I think Soton will be red hot favourites next year and will crumble under the presure!

Plus think someone will buy Llanna and maybe Lambert.

Lambert has already told fans he will be staying. Either way, we won't allow a club to talk to them unless they over £2m+ for Lambo and £3m+ for Lallana.

Even if they do leave, we have funds to get players who are just as good.

Going to be an interesting summer with Pardew saying that he will be building a side good enough for promotion from The Championship. I can't see us losing many star players.

Top two next season is a must, anything less would be disappointing.

It won't be easy but we've got a side that can do it.
  • Pardew will f*** it up next season as he always does. I expect him to have been sacked by Xmas.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Even if they do leave, we have funds to get players who are just as good Pards reckons have potential, but in reality are only good enough for League Two, despite being paid Championship wages.

There, fixed that for you.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Even if they do leave, we have funds to get players who[strike]are just as good[/strike]Pards reckons have potential, but in reality are only good enough for League Two, despite being paid Championship wages.

LOL take it from us lot Saints fan Pardew saying someone has potential is not necissarily a good thing the man wouldnt know how to use a talented player if he tried.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Even if they do leave, we have funds to get players who[strike]are just as good[/strike]Pards reckons have potential, but in reality are only good enough for League Two, despite being paid Championship wages.

LOL take it from us lot Saints fan Pardew saying someone has potential is not necissarily a good thing the man wouldnt know how to use a talented player if he tried.

Well Lallana and Morgan Schniederlin seemed to have improved under him. . .

Tbh many on this forum said he would ruin Rickie Lambert, get Saints relegated this season then run off with a pocket full of cash after signing 8 strikers, 1 defender and 1 midfielder.