Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bournemouth advice needed

Greetings all, off to bournemouth on Friday for a stag do. Getting there about 12pm and comming home 2ish the next day. Anyone got any good places to go? Have been reconmended a club called 60 postcards or somthing like that. There's about 8 of us going, none of us into dance music mainly guitar indie stuff will do a bit of a venue esque cheesy disco if needs must, and of course we need a good ahem gentlemens club... not a spear mint as were all skint but a decent pound in the pot place would be good. Its st georges day to so bound to be lively around town, been there once when I was 18 for uni interview but stayed with realatives in dorchester. So any advice much welcolmed, places to avoid for trouble as were all cowards etc..

Cheers all.

Adam.

Comments

• Options
    elements and disco fever night club mate.
  • Options
    Was there on a stag do this weekend just gone, had to reorganise at the last minute having been due to fly to Porto! There's a place called Aruba down by the sea front that's good for afternoon/early evening drinking with a balcony overlooking the beach. There was 19 of us so it was a bit of a struggle getting in some places in the evening. Can't help you on the indie clubs and Spearmint Rhino was all we found in the way of "cabaret bars". 8 of you will have a great time there though and probably find it a bit easier to go exploring than a big group like I was in - best bit of advice I can give probably is to stay away from a bar called Hamptons - seemed to be the place where groups that couldn't get in elsewhere congregated so there was a bit of an edgy atmosphere in there and some right arseholes knocking around. Have a good one!
  • Options
    I heard the beach area is quite good for a pound in a pot bint.
  • Options
    Not sure if they still do it but the Night 'Slinky' at the Opera House is un-missable on a Saturday Night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not sure if they still do it but the Night 'Slinky' at the Opera House is un-missable on a Saturday Night.

Think it has been shut mate. The Yates down there on the top of the little hill is pretty decent....for a chain boozer anyways. Plenty of crumpet.

Was supposed to be going down there on 1st May for a stag do but the stag shattered his ankle on sunday playing football, so its off. Helmet. Still, I get to go Leeds game now......every cloud and all that.
  • Options
    As mentioned above, Aruba is a good spot to start. Right on the pier, good atmosphere and a healthy proportion of ladees to blokes!

Bournemouth does have a pretencious bar culture and some places can be a little fussy about letting groups of blokes in. The town is separately slightly into sections, each with its own 'theme'. There is Walkabout, Yates, Orange Rooms, Toko, Bliss and Disco Fever each within about 50 yeards of each other in the centre. This is where most of the drunken carnage takes place! Around the corner near the BIC is Bar So, 1812 and Klutes, again a little pretencious but I think they are OK for what they are.

Definately try Aruba, head into town and then take your pick. The stag do season has started so it will be a crack wherever you go.

Oh....and go to Wiggles for your titty bar. Opposite Walkabout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dorset Addick[/cite]As mentioned above, Aruba is a good spot to start. Right on the pier, good atmosphere and a healthy proportion of ladees to blokes!

Bournemouth does have a pretencious bar culture and some places can be a little fussy about letting groups of blokes in. The town is separately slightly into sections, each with its own 'theme'. There is Walkabout, Yates, Orange Rooms, Toko, Bliss and Disco Fever each within about 50 yeards of each other in the centre. This is where most of the drunken carnage takes place! Around the corner near the BIC is Bar So, 1812 and Klutes, again a little pretencious but I think they are OK for what they are.

Definately try Aruba, head into town and then take your pick. The stag do season has started so it will be a crack wherever you go.

Oh....and go to Wiggles for your titty bar. Opposite Walkabout.

Sounds like Dorset has got you sorted Adam. I would chip in with my suggestion but I don't think the Darby and Joan club caters for stags.

Not to self - start avoiding Friday/Sat nights in town now the stag season's back on...too many mentalists about for my liking.
  • Options
    Cheers lads will be ther midday tomoz! What's the score with most places jeans and shoes ok? Or they strict on trousers?