Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Historical info on our club

I came across this site the other day and thought it was worth a mention. The guys that run it really have put the work in to ensure it is accurate.

Historical Kits

All out stuff can be found here.

:-)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Marvellous stuff.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help 'seeing' specific players when I look at some of those kits.

74-77 is Keith Peacock, 82-83 Allan Simonsen, 91-92 Gary Nelson, 98-00 Clive Mendonca, 06-08 Darren Ambrose and 09-10 Sam Sodje.

Any others?
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Marvellous stuff.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help 'seeing' specific players when I look at some of those kits.

74-77 is Keith Peacock, 82-83 Allan Simonsen, 91-92 Gary Nelson, 98-00 Clive Mendonca, 06-08 Darren Ambrose and 09-10 Sam Sodje.

Any others?

Funnily enough, for some reason, I see Arthur Horsfield of all players in the 70's shirt.
  • Wilma sees it like this
  • 08-09 - Hudson
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Marvellous stuff.

Any others?

98-00 I'd go for a joint sharing of Mendonca and Kinsella. Mendonca will be attributed to this one in most people eyes for the play-off final but Kinsella, for his loyalty and leadership from 1998 to 2002, would put him there for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]08-09 - Hudson

Nice! ;-)
  • http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_United/images/manchester_united_1995-1996-change.gif

best kit ever
  • be great to see the bukta 78-80 shirt make a comeback, at least as a replica in the shop
  • Id love to be able to get our 84-86 kit now. It was my first ever Charlton top.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Marvellous stuff.

Any others?

98-00 I'd go for a joint sharing of Mendonca and Kinsella. Mendonca will be attributed to this one in most people eyes for the play-off final but Kinsella, for his loyalty and leadership from 1998 to 2002, would put him there for me.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that the players I mentioned epitomise a particular era ... just that the kit looks like them.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Marvellous stuff.

Any others?

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that the players I mentioned epitomise a particular era ... just that the kit looks like them.

Aha. Cool. Sorry.
  • edited April 2010
    1992-93 - Colin Walsh
    1994-96 - Lee Bowyer
    2000-02 - Claus Jensen
    2003-2005 - Parker and Di Canio
    2005-06 - Darren Bent
  • Look at our kits - always basically red and white - then look at Palace.
  • For me-

98-00 - Steve Jones and Martin Pringle
    00-02 - Jorge Costa
    02-03 - Chris Bart-Williams
    03-05 - Chris Perry
    Centenary - Bryan Hughes
    06-08 - Hasselbaink

I think it's the long sleeves.
  • edited April 2010
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/images/charlton_athletic_1921-1922.gif

This one of ours (1921-22) is a bit Palace though!

Anyone know why Palace changed from Claret and Blue to Red and Blue?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin

No sense of history and tradition maybe?
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/images/charlton_athletic_1921-1922.gif

Cause they play like Barcelona.
  • or Aldershot..................No disrespect to Aldershot!
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/images/charlton_athletic_1921-1922.gif

So there's no clash when they groundshare Upton Park. ; )
  • edited April 2010
    they changed to copy Barca thinking they would be like Leeds who had copied Reals all white kit.

They also dumped glaziers for Benfica's Eagles.

And they are not even the first crystal palace FC. There was another team before them.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]they changed to copy Barca thinking they would be like Leeds who had copied Reals all white kit.

They also dumped glaziers for Benfica's Eagles.

And they are not even the first crystal palace FC. There was another team before them.

Simon sends his regards.......
    ;-)
  • There is another more comprehensive site which includes our away kits, I ve got a print out, I will see if I can track down the address