Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Edwin Valero

Killed himself today in his jail cell. I was worried about how long he would be around for when he admitted killing his wife.

F*cking loon, a great film could be made about this guy. A typhoon of a fighter.

If you haven't heard of him look up his record, 27 fights 27 knockouts.

He admitted killing his wife, he is not a saint by any stretch, let me say that. He will go down as one of the best fighters a lot of people never saw though.

Rest in peace Mr and Mrs Valero/Viera

Comments

• Brutal - Valero and Gatti within 12 months of each other.
  • Real shame for boxing this.

Corrales, Carpenter , Gutteridge too

Valero would of eaten Khan. Even at light welter
  • Valero was a great fighter,but has always had drink and other issues outside of the ring that have troubled him.Shame he could of really been a great champ.
  • Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Valero was awesome to watch, but anyone halfway decent would have found him out eventually. He was far too square on, had a middling - sometimes even downright poor - defence, and chucking them hooks about would have made him cannon-fodder for a counter-puncher. Awesome entertainment, and a proper banger - but I'd never call him 'great'.

Still an absolute tragedy - though he's not the first to have serious problems outside the ring whilst still in the prime of his career, it's always sad to see it happen. Would have loved to have seen him in with Pacquiao - and agree he would have licked his lips at the prospect of Khan's glass chin.
  • Given to agree with much of that. Pac described Valero's opponents as "tricycle drivers". Fell off a motorbike without a helmet which probably didn't do his brain balance much good.