Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations To Rochdale

on gaining their first promotion in 36 years or so!

We've had a grim 4 years since Curbs left but there is always somebody worse off!

In the nicest possible way I hope we don't play Rochdale next season!

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Agreed Len, Well done Rochdale,well deserved! I saw a guy in a Rochdale shirt today at our match!
    Congrats to Notts County too, after a truly bizarre up and down season they stayed focussed. I hope Bournemouth go up because they really have performed miracles in the last 2 years. (up the cherries!)
  • Yeah, agreed. As I kid I remember Rochdale would always be the club cited as a comparison if something was poor, "It's like Rochdale". Good that they've got up at last.
  • edited April 2010
    Well done to them, they've waited long enough.
    Rochdale was the scene of a great Charlton uprising in 1973 or thereabouts, our fans invaded the pitch at half time to hurl abuse at the directors about how far the club had fallen down the plughole. Was anybody on here up there that day?
  • yeah congrats.

and to stevenage too. first time in the football league.
  • loved the way they celebrated at end.
  • Oop 'Dale!

Back in the day, I used to have a GF from Rotch-dee-al. On visits to her parents' place used to go to Spotland with her Dad, and about 1500 others. No one else there.
  • Well done the Dale!
  • New ground !
  • Yeah I saw that guy in the Rochdale shirt as well - a bit random i thought. Congrats to them for finally getting out of the basement.
  • Well done them.

If we are still in this division next term you can bet we'll play them at the Valley first game.

We've played a promoted team every year for 3 seasons. (Scunny, Swansea, Wycombe)
  • Sponsored links:

• And in the prem we had Wolves and Sunderland in the last couple of years
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If we are still in this division next term you can bet we'll play them at the Valley first game.

We've played a promoted team every year for 3 seasons. (Scunny, Swansea, Wycombe)

If we're still in this division i hope our first game is Bournemouth away. It would be a quality weekend down there in the August sunshine.
  • edited April 2010
    bournemouth away would undoubtably be at the end of january. congrats to roch, dont know why but always wanted to go to that ground, however hopefully not next season
  • edited April 2010
    Their last promotion was in 1969 and have been in the fourth tier since 1974, if any fans deserve a little success it's theirs! Well done Rochdale!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If we are still in this division next term you can bet we'll play them at the Valley first game.

If we're still in this division i hope our first game is Bournemouth away. It would be a quality weekend down there in the August sunshine.

Nah, it'll be a miserable Tuesday night in February and I'll get all wet walking home. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen of course and that both teams get promoted. As far as Cherries fans are concerned Eddie Howe could sort that volcano out if he wanted, he's a flipping genius.

Well done to Rochdale too but don't tell anyone around here I said that just yet...