Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goals!

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Other teams must think that as soon as they score a goal against us they won't lose the match, We haven't scored 2 goals in a game for a while now.

Comments

• as a matter of interest when did we last win from conceding first
  • Southend Away!
  • ok got me,before that i think it was mk dons
  • Yer but lets be fair, when was the last time we let a goal in before today?And how many shots on goal did norwich have apart from the goal itself and the disallowed goals?.....
  • I do think without holt & hoolihan that they were there for the taking
  • Thats the frustration of it though, Teams like Norwich and Saints only need one good chance! The warning sign was there before the goal with Docherty's offside goal!
  • That is very true but had it not been for an absolute blinder played by frasier forster we would of beat them i am sure of it!
  • Frasier used all of his reflexes in that match, Niles would even have been impressed. We would have scored a hatful in any other game.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Yer but lets be fair, when was the last time we let a goal in before today?

Last Saturday from what I saw
  • That first goal is so important. Same for a lot of teams though not just us.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Frasier used all of his reflexes in that match, Niles would even have been impressed. We would have scored a hatful in any other game.
    Yeah, but I bet Eddie would have done better.
  • I reckon you are right Stig! ;o)
  • pished
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]pished

Quality!
  • lol. Just had to search to see why you said that previous comment. Was wondering why you had. Whoops.
  • We need to practice in training how to shoot.

Far too many times some of them (Racon) try too many twists and turns in the area.

Just put your boot through it!
  • Reckon a lot of the repeated hesitancy about shooting stems directly from a lack of confidence when arriving deep in enemy territory. Our over all goals total isn't as bad as it sometimes feels but we rarely look like scoring 2 or more with so many players getting anxious whwn high up the field. Shooting practise can't do any harm but I'm sure they're all capable of belting them in at Sparrows Lane with no pressure and low-key attempts to stop them. How many of our current line-up do we really fancy to bury a 25-yarder or make the right snap decision faced with brave on-rushing defenders on the edge of the box?

It's not easy but comes from the confidence gained by doing it regularly over a season. No-one wants to see wild blazing into the stands for the hell of it but I can't help feeling that for all their other qualities, only two or three genuinely back themselves in those positions. Until certain players get a few under their belts (not likely in the few remaining games) we're unlikely to kill any game off early and are in for more tense finishes in the last three and the play-offs; it's been like that virtually all season. All that said, great effort on Saturday and we've at least found some form to carry us on.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Yer but lets be fair, when was the last time we let a goal in before today?

You have a terrible memory if you don't know the answer to that.
  • in Dartford, was there for a wedding reception on Sat..

:)