Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lord Stanley's Cup

I love my football, don't get me wrong - but I am watching the best sport in the world right now - my Pittsburgh Penguins are locked in a ridiculously tense battle with the Ottawa Senators - and it's only the second game of the playoffs :)

Had so much caffeine today that I feel like I could stay awake forever - but am going to be an absolute f***ing wreck at the Valley tomorrow :)

Comments

• i Follow the Blackhawks and they are 1 down to Nashville
  • Charlton to go up or the Penguins to win the cup again Leroy?
  • edited April 2010
    Oooooh - tough one. I've followed the Pens for almost as long as I have Charlton. I Can't possibly answer that. The rationalist in me would say Charlton, simply because the Pens won it all last year and Charlton are due for some good times! However, I've seen arguably more good times with Charlton than the Pens over the years overall...

So the answer is: Both!

Did you see any of game 3? Crosby was awesome - and it's already one of the bext playoff series I've seen for years - as good as last year's finals or the series against the Craps. Hoping the Failures beat New Jersey - the Devils have beaten up on the Pens all season and I HATE that frickin trap.
  • I hate the Pens, being an adpoted Philly man i kind of have too.....Plus i cant stand Crosby.

Flyers baby!
  • That's a shame sir. The failures utterly suck balls. Never mind, I'm sure your irrational dislike of the best player to skate since Mario hung 'em up is exacerbated by a healthy belief in the conspiracy theory (that the league only loves Sid & Mario, and fixes everything for the Pens accordingly), rather than accepting he's the best player in the league
  • New York

RANGERS

dont know why i like that team LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]New York

RANGERS

dont know why i like that team LOL
    Me either. They are TRULY crud. One of the biggest payrolls in the league, and they can't even make the playoffs on a regular basis. The club's diseased.
  • Go Lames Go!
  • LOL - Lames is right. Time for you to move Iggy, I think. He's waived the no-trade clause, but wants to come back next year. I think the Flames would do better to trade him to a team looking to add experience (and with cap room) for some prospects and a 'here and now' 35 goal a season man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Theres nothing wrong with supporting shite teams.

Remember, we support Charlton.....
  • edited April 2010
    Pens through to round two - great series with Ottawa. This week I shall be affecting a Quebcois accent and hoping the Canadiens can dump the Crapitals out on their arses in round one. Allez les Habs!
  • Blackhawks through too, could it be their year?
  • [cite]Posted By: kevtherev[/cite]Blackhawks through too, could it be their year?
    It could. But it won't
  • Hockey is my fav sport, and ive been following the hawks since 1990. Great team great city great arena.

Heres my view on the way it will all be played out.

WEST

Blackhawks to beat vancouver in 6
    Sharks to beat deadwings in 4

blackhawks to beat sharks in 6

east

whoever beats pittsburgh will win the cup and i cant see anybody in the east doing that.

and unfortunately those bastard penguins will retain the cup in 5.

I DETEST THOSE PENGUINS.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]Hockey is my fav sport, and ive been following the hawks since 1990. Great team great city great arena.

Heres my view on the way it will all be played out.

WEST

Blackhawks to beat vancouver in 6
    Sharks to beat deadwings in 4

blackhawks to beat sharks in 6

east

whoever beats pittsburgh will win the cup and i cant see anybody in the east doing that.

and unfortunately those bastard penguins will retain the cup in 5.

I DETEST THOSE PENGUINS.
    LOL - Another cackhawks fan! Still, at least you've actually got a team now that Wirtz is dead. FWIW, Pens will lose in the conference finals, to whoever they play. Don't have the depth of scoring this year that they had last, and Sid & Geno will have an 'off' series at some point in the playoffs. In the West, I fancy the 'nucks to go deep cos of Luongo, but I can't see past the deadwings (Phoenix did an unbelievable job of containing them through the first round, but that was a blip). Hawks have no chance.
  • Deadwings wont win it, im pretty sure of that, Canucks only have 1 line, Sharks always crumble so an older wiser hawks should go close. Penguins are not as strong as last year but there is no one to challenge them in the east. Boston are very overated and boring, philly are a one man team but with pronger anything is possible but i cant see it. Wash are so inconsistant, but i do like montreal and they could give pittburgh a game, gomez and camileri are underated.
    Still its prob a pittsburgh v chicago outcome just hope its a different outcome to the finals 20 years ago.
  • ALLEZ LES HABS!!!
  • Game three of the Pens vs les Habs tonight. Already a good series - Canadiens taking a game from Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh - all set for a bruising encounter tonight. Go Pens!
  • Come on you Canucks. I'd love to see a Canucks vs Habs final but it'll never happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2010
    Damn Habs. Have a horrible feeling the Pens will blow it tomorrow night. If they do it'll be the last game at Mellon - not exactly the best send-off. Think the nucks are done - good win to keep it alive, but the Cackhawks will win tonight. I know they're #1 & #2 seeds, but I never would have picked Chicago & San Jose to get to the conference finals. Let's hope Vancouver can pull it round (Pens have a better chance against them than either the Sharks or Hawks)
  • Knew it. French gits.
  • Flyers coming back from 3-0 down to force game 7!...come on!