Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

COMPETITION: Name The Football Club - Round 45 (CLOSED)

Comments

• top-worcester city
    Bottom-preston
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]top-Merthyr tydfil

WINNER - 5PTS

according to wikipedia

The club was formed in 1945, and joined the Welsh League. In their first season, they finished as runners-up, and joined the Southern League, the fifth level of English football. Being a Welsh club playing in an English League, Merthyr Tydfil were able to play in both the FA Cup, and the Welsh Cup until the Welsh FA stopped the Welsh clubs in the English pyramid from entering.
  • Top - Halesowen Town
    Bottom - Glasgow Rangers
  • bottom aberdeen
  • Leicester City
  • Bottom - Everton
  • edited April 2010
    I used to live 5 mins walk from Merthyr Tydfil's ground.Sadly the future for the club looks bleak and they are almost certain to go under at the end of the season. :(

I've just seen the feature on the bbc website which says that the club will re-form and drop down two divisions to the Western League next season.

I don't know what that will do to the crowds as they only get about 200-300 people at the moment.
  • Bottom - Brighton
  • Partick Thistle
  • Sponsored links:

• gillingham
  • Valley Gary/No.1 in South London

I'm coming for ya! : - )
  • Bottom - Everton
  • Don't know what's made me think this, but I'll go for Spurs.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Partick Thistle

WINNER - 5PTS

another one with a special computer

honestly thought these 2 would go on all day
  • LEADERBOARD

NO.1 IN SOUTH LONDON - 30
    VALLEYGARY - 30

HENRY IRVING - 25
    NICKASPANNER - 21
    FRIEND OR DEFOE - 12
    ADDICK1965 - 13
    PEAKIEROCKET - 10
    LAWRIEABRAHAMS - 10
    SHIRTY5 - 10
    VALLEY11 - 9
    ELTHAMADDICK - 9
    PAULBACONSARNIE - 7
    DEMODAINTY - 7
    D_F_T - 5
    CHICAGOADDICK - 5
    MISERABLEOLD-ISH GIT - 5
    BDL - 5
    AFKABARTRAM - 5
    LEWIS COACHES - 3
    SADIEJANE 1981 - 3
    COLTHE3RD - 3
    JOHNNYJOEYDEEDEE - 2
    SE9 ADDICK - 2
    OLDBLOKE - 2
    FATTERTHANANDYREID - 2
    DIPPENHALL - 2
    BOOGICA - 2
    CLEM_SNIDE - 2
    THE RED ROBIN - 2
    TERRY NAYLOR - 2
    CREEPYADDICK - 2 *BONUS POINTS FROM "SPOT RICK" COMPETITION
    RANDY ANDY - 1
    ASHTRAY - 1
    CARLY BURN - 1
    CURBEY - 1
    MRLARGO - 1
    JT - 1
  • my special computer programme
  • edited April 2010
    surely that partick thistle pic wasnt in there was it? how many pics does it show per club
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]my special computer programme[div id=Attachments_677322 class=Attachments][ul][div]guide.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]
    That's currently in my bag, would have brought it out but important people were around!
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]surely that partick thistle pic wasnt in there was it? how many pics does it show per club

I've got all three editions. Varies but two or three pics per club. The Blackpool picture I got is in there.

That photo wasn't in there but there was one photo showing the front of that stand and it was obviously the same. Knowing it was Firhill it was easy to find the site you presumably sourced the picture from (The Glasgow story) but I got it from the book not the web.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2010
    How strange, i am Simon Inglis.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]How strange, i am Simon Inglis.

So you're a Villa fan : - )
  • I meant i am Simon Inglis' photographer :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I meant i am Simon Inglis' photographer :-)

That explains this then!....
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]LEADERBOARD

NO.1 IN SOUTH LONDON - 30
    VALLEYGARY - 30

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I meant i am Simon Inglis' photographer :-)
    You're too young.

I only thought there were 2 editions Henry? I also have the European ground one.
  • in 83 there was England and Wales, then Great Britain in about 87 and then the updated edition above.

Got the European one and Engineering Archie (excellent must buy if not got it) as well plus his Buenos Aires book.
  • Are they simply photogrpahs, or an history etc of each ground?
  • leeds/
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Are they simply photogrpahs, or an history etc of each ground?
    Both!

Also have Engineering Archie (great section on the the main stand at Ibrox e.g. the best stand in the world) and will get sight lines one day.
  • Barnsley?

Where is MOG?