Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is the ball in our own court?

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
I know the obvious answer is not but.........

We still have to play Leeds at home and others all have tough games still to come, I'm convinced that if we win our last 4 games we will go up.

Comments

• they have far better goal dii and if millwall come through sat they have good run in.
  • Yes. Especially if three of the last four are play off games!
  • lol @ Chiz
  • It is still possible.

And I believe with a huge atmosphere Saturday we can win the last 4 and go up.

COME ON CHARLTON
  • going sat,expect a 22,000 crowd and a win,norwich are stuttering
  • Hope there's a big big atmosphere
  • 4 wins we go up I reckon....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]4 wins we go up I reckon....

Can we do it ......?

I bet all the teams around us are saying that too!
  • It will be interesting if Millwall lose at Huddersfield on Friday night. It gives an extra edge to the whole thing.
  • Have a horrible feeling that Southampton are going to sneak into the play-offs. I really don't want to play them.......

Still hopeful of 2nd place but it will take 4 wins and some luck with other results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Our big problem is goal difference.
    With their goal difference 12 better than us, Millwall can afford to draw at huddersfield and win their last 3. If they do that, 4 wins for us won't be enough.
    Leeds can also afford to lose to us and if they win the other 3 their goal difference will see them above us even if we win our last 4.
    Unless we start winning games 4-0 we might not make it even if we win all 4.
  • If we get to the Leeds game level we might have our own Michael Thomas "it's up for grabs now" moment!
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Have a horrible feeling that Southampton are going to sneak into the play-offs. I really don't want to play them.......

Southampton with their huge goal difference can accumulate a max of 78 points.

Huddersfield are now on 71 points - and surely should be able to collect 8 points from their last 12.
    They play Millwall and Colchester at home; Stockport and Exeter away.

Thank God Huddersfield equalised and scored their winner in time added on!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Have a horrible feeling that Southampton are going to sneak into the play-offs. I really don't want to play them.......

Still hopeful of 2nd place but it will take 4 wins and some luck with other results.[/quote]

I think they just have a little too much to do, will just miss out, but based on a decent run in by Huddersfield, who just hold them off
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Have a horrible feeling that Southampton are going to sneak into the play-offs. I really don't want to play them.......
    I know we shouldnt worry about this, but me too! Well done on Huddersfield!
  • we COULD win our last 4, but is a big ask seeing we have Leeds & Norwich to play at home & can't see that a 1-0 win ala tonight will suffce.

Even so, I still think it will come down to goal difference and unless we trouce Leeds by 3 or 4 clear goals and Millwall have a heavy defeat along the way I feel that we could be gutted come 5pm on the 8th May !
  • Someone's gotta go up this year, it may as well be us
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]we COULD win our last 4, but is a big ask seeing we have Leeds & Norwich to play at home & can't see that a 1-0 win ala tonight will suffce.

Last time I looked a 1-0 scoreline was enough to secure the three points Golfie, so yes, I think that would suffice!
    ;o)

Still hopeful of 2nd place but it will take 4 wins and some luck with other results.

Southampton cannot get in the play-offs.
    Hope this helps.
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Have a horrible feeling that Southampton are going to sneak into the play-offs. I really don't want to play them.......

Southampton cannot get in the play-offs.
    Hope this helps.
    . They very much can. They have a game in hands and would be 5 points off Huddersfield if they win it
  • Sponsored links:

• We can still win the league ;-)
  • Huddersfield v Millwall is massive on Friday. If Huddersfield win then we can catch Millwall AND Southampton are highly unlikely to catch Huddersfield. Any other result and we will struggle to catch Millwall and I fear Southampton make the play offs.....come on Huddersfield!
  • In a word, no.
    To many dropped points and indifferent performances throughout the season.
    We would need a huge slice of luck and I haven't seen much of that at the Valley in recent years.
    Norwich are up (although not mathmatically), so we have to hope other will all drop points and we win all ours.
    It aint going to happen. We aint spent money, we haven't got, and it shows.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah boi!!!! it is in our court really as cant see millwall winning all there games and they'll lose to huddersfield on Friday, if we win all remaining games then we will get 2nd imo
  • WE can do it......

great resolve in this team at the mo.... great point at Huddersfield and the narrow loss to Southampton where we deserved a point and the rest wins with clean sheets, playing to our strengths... nothing fancy...

4 wins is all we can do...... and if we do it we will go up...
  • Agree with mascot
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Huddersfield v Millwall is massive on Friday. If Huddersfield win then we can catch Millwall AND Southampton are highly unlikely to catch Huddersfield. Any other result and we will struggle to catch Millwall and I fear Southampton make the play offs.....come on Huddersfield![/quote]

agree, Huddersfield are decent at home and fancy them to get something from this
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Even so, I still think it will come down to goal difference and unless we trouce Leeds by 3 or 4 clear goals and Millwall have a heavy defeat along the way I feel that we could be gutted come 5pm on the 8th May !

Oh the joy of perhaps being proved right ........

;o)