Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to all the stiff's

edited April 2010 in General Charlton
Instead of sitting or standing there with your arms folded looking like coming to see Charlton is a chore, moaning to your mate next to you for 70 minutes then decide to go home.

Try this unfold your arms clap a bit, even flex the old vocal chords and get behind the team sing a song it’s not hard I’m sure you can do it and I don’t mean the East & West with a little 10 second red army either.

Come on put the flasks down take the blanket off and get involved.

I don’t want to hear I done that years ago been there done that why should I.

Comments

• Any of us who were at Southampton on Saturday must have been impressed that supporters from all sides of the ground were urging on their team during that last 10 minutes.

It was just like The Valley used to be!
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Instead of sitting or standing there with your arms folded looking like coming to see Charlton is a chore, moaning to your mate next to you for 70 minutes then decide to go home.

Try this unfold your arms clap a bit, even flex the old vocal chords and get behind the team sing a song it’s not hard I’m sure you can do it and I don’t mean the East & West with a little 10 second red army either.

Most of them sit there waiting for a mistake or for us to go 1 down so they can have a moan. A bloke a couple of rows in front of me almost looks disappointed when we score.
  • I thought this was going to be a thread about boners...
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Any of us who were at Southampton on Saturday must have been impressed that supporters from all sides of the ground were urging on their team during that last 10 minutes.

It was just like The Valley used to be!

agree Og, Thought our fans were good at Southampton. Some even stayed and clapped our players off!!! (Reason i like S Sodje is he always comes right over to our fans to show his appreciation)
  • Who are you to tell me how to support my team?

;-)
  • Instead of winding yourself up about other fans, how about letting them watch the game in the way they want to? Far more productive!
  • Rather silence than booing which seems to be the current preferred mode of "support"
  • Agree on not booing though
  • Maybe the crowd would get behind the team if we actually tried to play some positive football. We've had years and years of negative rubbish and it wears you down. If we play positively and it goes wrong i'll cheer my heart and and try and lift the players but if the team sets out to play head tennis and hopes for mistakes or nicks a goal and then sits back i don't want clap like a retard. These negative crowd threads put the cart before the horse .
  • I have been thinking the exact same thing lately - couple of blokes who sit a few seats away from me usually start booing after 30 mins or so ........never seen them at away games.

Been thinking I might say something tonight if they start moaning again..........be prepared for a ruck in the East tonite sometime after 8pm !!
  • Sponsored links:

• didnt the club devise a singing section when they built the north stand? everywhere should be encouraged to be vocal,sont like to admit it but palace seem to have got it going,with half the arthur being home fans who use there vocal chords,perhaps also encourage tickets sales in the north lower rather than ones in the east near the away end.
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I thought this was going to be a thread about boners...

LOL and i did
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Who are you to tell me how to support my team?

;-)

Shut it you

[cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Rather silence than booing which seems to be the current preferred mode of "support"

Both Evil IMHO
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Rather silence than booing which seems to be the current preferred mode of "support"

I'd say booing does less damage.

Those who sit in silence are a disgrace imo.
  • got to disagree...
  • disgrace ? behave.

you do talk some rubbish stu
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Rather silence than booing which seems to be the current preferred mode of "support"

I'd say booing does less damage.

Those who sit in silence are a disgrace imo.

disgrace, have a day off...I must be a disgrace then !
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: biged29[/cite]Instead of winding yourself up about other fans, how about letting them watch the game in the way they want to? Far more productive![/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: biged29[/cite]Agree on not booing though[/quote]

Hypocrite :-)
  • just get behind the team ourselves rather than looking to be disappointed by what other fans are up to?

goodness, if mooney was upset that 30 fans booed him before the whistle imagine how elated the players would feel if 40 or heaven forbid 50 of us cheered for them?
  • yeah but hardly a disgrace, I'll quite happily sing all game, however there are periods when I'm pretty quiet, same as if the team are woeful I will also boo (I don't have a problem with the booing at half time/full time - the only way most people get to vent their frustration at some of the performances we've had to witness)

each to their own really and in my opinion nobody has the right to TELL someone else how to support their team
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]each to their own really and in my opinion nobody has the right to TELL someone else how to support their team

That was more my point...
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think I could go a game without clapping/singing/whatever... tbh, way I am but not all others are same - some just go to watch, and/or moan.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]each to their own really and in my opinion nobody has the right to TELL someone else how to support their team[/quote]

That was more my point...[/quote]

just not very well made mate
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Instead of sitting or standing there with your arms folded looking like coming to see Charlton is a chore, moaning to your mate next to you for 70 minutes then decide to go home.

Agree with all you say leftbehind but it all applies to the North stand as well after all that is our "home" end and is expected to start the songs off, "come on you reds" when we get a corner and "stand up if you ate palace" with your arms outstretched hardly gets the blood pumping anymore.

I know the football has been less than inspiring in some of the games but I have to say considering where we are in the league our home fans (north stand) have been woeful.
  • I'm smuggling in some flares and a claxon for the game tonight - proper fan.

Keep an eye out for me in the Upper West Stand.
  • [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: biged29[/cite]Instead of winding yourself up about other fans, how about letting them watch the game in the way they want to? Far more productive!
    [cite]Posted By: biged29[/cite]Agree on not booing though

Hypocrite :-)

Guilty!
  • Blanky may be attending with us in the East stand tonight depending on the temperature, not so sure whether he brings good luck or not though, so nerr..
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I'm smuggling in some flares and a claxon for the game tonight - proper fan.

Keep an eye out for me in the Upper West Stand.

Don't you normally wear the flares?